QUEEN SIDE Guesthouse,

Check Sihanoukville Hotel Deals

QUEEN SIDE Guesthouse, Sihanoukville Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Beware, Filty Guest house Mar 22, 2014
The location of the guesthouse is the best - right at the back of Ochheuteal beach, where plenty of restaurants, pub bar, massage service and mini market located.

There are several shops selling beach wear along the road toward the beach, at reasonable price and also travel agency shops to hop into another islands close to Sihanoukville.

In this area also cluster many hotels, budget guesthouse and motel at a very competitive rate.

The Queen Side Guesthouse has 3 storey building and does not have a reception area, basically they only put a desk outside the house and if nobody at the desk, you just walk inside the house on the first floor where the owner live and ask if anybody home.

The male owner speak little English and the female owner does not speak English at all. However no problem with register in this place, the key was ready when I check in and the male owner shows me the room.

I have the room on the first floor with window facing a small balcony. The size of the room is okay, however it shows the owner of the guest house did not look after this place, since inside the room was filthy, and the ceiling has yellow stain from the water dripping, plenty of spider web and ants run freely at the wall near the headboard. In closer inspection, plenty of ants on the bed sheet as well. So I have to clean everything up. There is a desk where the old television located – I am not sure if the television work or not since I did not try it and a chair next to the desk. This room is fan only and really run down room.

When I check the bathroom, I am ready to move out from this place, since it was dirty and looks like have not been clean for ages. It seem the toilet was a wee bit clog, so when I plush, the water keep gurgling and take a while to go down.

I was scared to pee and do business in this bathroom and I was hesitant to have shower as well. However, since it was very hot in Sihanukville, I did had shower and the water was okay, there is hot and cold water available. Soap, shampoo, and toothbrush provided. The towel also provided and it is orange in colour so you would not be able to see if the towel clean or dirty.

I smell the towel was fresh of soap, so I supposed it was okay. There is a thin blanket but no bed sheet in between the blanket. I was not bother to ask any, since I do not use the blanket. I sleep with my full cloth on and decided to move out the next day even though I booked for 2 nights. It is just too filthy to my liking.

When I check out, the male owner said I need to tell the booking.com since I only stay for one night and I need to pay penalty of this. I do not mind pay penalty since it is too gross to stay at this place. It cost usd10 per night. I know it is cheap but if it is clean, would be nicer. I am not sure how people who has stay there can rate it good and clean. It is good for pig only.
the bedroom