QC's Seafood Bar & Restaurant

www.qcbar.com - +353669472244 OR +353876779616

QC's Seafood Bar & Restaurant Cahersiveen Reviews

trippinginnederland tripping…
Not the Best BUT considered EXPENSIVE. Nov 13, 2010
After checking out the Gap of Dunloe and driving along the Ring of Kerry, it was time for dinner! We used my guy's iPhone to check on TripAdvisor and found the nearest place to eat.

Many good and bad comments about this place. Yes, this place is packed and you really need to make reservations in order to get a place if not, you will have to eat at the bar counter (if you wouldn't mind). I read the owners are proud to have their own trollers and the catch are always fresh. OK, I'm not all interested into those boastful stuff. I'm all into the quality and whether DO THE PRICE FIT WHAT WE GET. Is it worth it?

We came on the day whereby they're expecting a huge group of ladies dining there before/after their party. We saw Fish Pie in the menu and since we were there before 7PM, we could order from the Early Bird menu. More like a set menu whereby you choose either an appetiser (of two choices, you choose either) OR a dessert (of two also, you choose either) and it comes with a main course (three choices to choose from, I think). That set cost, 22 euros about there since our bill totalled up to 49 euro. We order the same set with a salad as the appetiser and the fish pie as the main. My guy had Bulmer and I had orange juice.

We were first served with different slices of bread with butter. After that, we had the appetiser which was slices of fresh peach and some other stuff (I think it was some fried sausage pieces) which I couldn't remember. Well, then came the main course with a salad on the side. I must say, the appetiser salad was really good and tasty. The main however, is has the white wine taste but the disappointing part was, it was salty...as it was just fish pie, of course it consists mainly of fish.

Anyway, if you ask the locals staying in Cahersiveen, they will definitely know where QC's is. If you're around the streets there, just ask...they probably might know where. I read from the comments/reviews in TripAdvisor that the owner is friendly and would come by to chat. Well, she would just come by and ask how is everything, thatz all. If you're a regular, of course she'll talk to you longer. That's all...I just wanted to clear that part if you're expecting the owner to talk to you much.

In conclusion, it was good but I rather stick to The Caragh in Killarney. Whereby the serving is more; tastier; salad was better and also they served potato/fries. It was really worth the price 12,25 euro...compare to this one, QC's which cost a lot more (and somewhat considered far for me). It has many awards and such thus, that explains the prices but awards don't blow me away.

To end the note: This place isn't good enough.
The bar