Q4 Hotel New York

Q4 Hotel New York Rates and Deals

Q4 Hotel New York Reviews

Encuero Encuero
My Q4 Experience Oct 16, 2012
We stood at the Q4 for a week's long visit to NYC. It's conveniently located near two subway stops and directly across the street from a nice plaza. The Q4 recently opened its doors in June 2012, so it still has that "brand-new" aroma!

The location could not have been better suited with only two subway stops from midtown and centrally located to everything else. The staff was wonderful, especially the girl named Crystal at the front desk. We felt very secure and the location has plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Each of the rooms has an assigned locker for your stuff and there's a really cool TV room on the 2nd floor with Astro-turf, bathroom and comfy sofas. The kitchen is superb with two fridges and plenty of space to store your stuff. I've never seen a hostel with so many well kept bathrooms and common areas. The staff does a great job running the place and keeping it clean.

On a separate note, I feel the need to rant about the roommates assigned to my dorm. So feel free to skip this if you don't like rants! The hotel guests (roommates) are sometimes not as clean as one would like. Mind you, this is a hostel with shared rooms/space. But that doesn't give people the right to come from their countries and trash the place! During my stay I had two Europeans from Kosovo who were absolute pigs! Not only would they leave their litter outside the bin, but also had the nerve to smoke inside the room while others were gone. They left tobacco residue all over the beds/floors with the smell of smoke lingering inside the room~yuke! The place was left filthy by these clowns with soaked towels in the shower, rubbish on the floor, skid marks on the toilet and the stench of smoke inside our room.

The other clown in my room was a Serbian guy who walked in late one night and turned on the main light above my bed (1 a.m.) only to sit by his bed with his laptop. Dude, first of all, its 1.a.m., and second, where is your common sense and respect for others? Couldn't you have used the kitchen or rec room? After asking him twice, he finally turn-off the lights, but continued texting his buddies all night!

So word to the wise: If you're coming to America from another country, please understand that YOU are responsible for your actions; Your mother is not traveling with you! YOUR conduct gives a clear picture to those of us who live in the States of what people in your country are all about. If you trash your room, we'll think everyone from your country are a bunch of pigs! If you don't use common courtesy with others, it tells us how stupid and ignorant people from your country really are. Understand clearly, that you are here in America representing your country and as such, you should act as representatives of the country you call home, and not as inconsiderate idiots. Please try raising your standards for the benefit of those around you.

I also noticed people vacationing from Eastern Europe enjoyed puffing cigarettes directly outside the hostel. Look, please keep your dirty habits far from the main entrance, so that those coming and going need not breath the contaminates that will one day ruin your health.

Putting aside the European travelers who enjoy bringing their twisted habits on holiday, the Q4 is the most enjoyable of all hostels in NYC and we highly recommend it! We really enjoyed our time in NYC and look forward to going back soon and staying at the Q4.
andyjsw andyjsw
Good value for New York Sep 13, 2012
The hostel is in good location on the west side of Queens, Long Island City, only 45 minutes subway to JFK and 15 minutes to Times Square/downtown Manhattan. The area is 'up and coming' so still a lot of empty buildings and lots, but the hostel is literally a few hundred feet from the subway.

I stayed in a 6 bed dorm which was small but comfortable, there's a good fully equipped kitchen and common room, with table tennis table and TV room. It's brand new so things are still in good order, unlike some other hostels in New York.

The only major gripe is the noise from the overground subway lines, which run 24-7 and the busy main road, it's on Queens Plaza. If you're a light sleeper you might need earplugs. Also the sheets are very thin, OK in summer, may be cold in winter.
WanderingintheWorld Wanderin…
Recommended Hotel/Hostel for NY Jul 06, 2012
This hotel/hostel is brand new. I stayed there for 5 days. Really enjoyed it. Besides, it is very affordable for NYC.

Check Q4 Hotel Rates and Deals