Pyongyang Metro

Pyongyang, North Korea

Pyongyang Metro Reviews

Airportman Airportm…
Subway system in North Korea's capital May 01, 2010
I've visited the Moscow subway system and found the stations very beautiful, decorated with marble, figures and paintings.

The 2 stations I visited of the Pyongyang Metro, were equally beautiful. Colourful chandeliers, marble columns and of course murals of the Great Leader Kim Il Sung, as well as sights of Pyongyang and other places in North Korea.

The subway trains looked like squared tubes, painted red & green and very out of date. I took a ride between stations. To cut power, the lights were off during the ride.

Inside, the trains furniture was of wood and of course, the pictures of both leaders were not missing.

The ride was free, although I did see local people pay for the ride. According to our guide Mr. Kim, for 5 won people can buy a token which they can use to get to any destination.

This is something you must see, if only for the beautiful looking subway stations.

(Note: pictures that show a * haven't been taken by me)
Subway station map
The platform of Puhung Station
* Control booth
* Conductress
Airportman says:
It was fun :)
Posted on: Dec 12, 2010
Dr_Seuss says:
Sounds more fun than a Ghost Train in the dark :)
Posted on: Dec 12, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Pyongyang Metro

Mountains, monuments and the Pyongyang metro
September 1, 2007Hotel: YanggakdoToday was another full day of touring.  Woke up early again this morning to walk around outside the hotel.  There was a stream running by that had amazingly…Pyongyang Metro.  I've been on the Moscow metro, which was built very deep in case of nuclear…
Day 6: Pyongyang, May 1st celebrations
We drove into Pyongyang and headed towards a park on Mt. Taesong, just outside the city in the northeast. At this park, the Taesongsan Funfair, we were able to walk around for about 1 hour to watch h…Pyongyang Metro for our next stop. Mr. Kim took us into the metro hall and explained us about the metro
Pyongyang Metro Map