Pyne Mountain Farm

Check Lewisburg Hotel Deals

Pyne Mountain Farm Lewisburg Reviews

Jeff_and_Mary Jeff_and…
Our family's best vacation Apr 06, 2010
Two years ago, we vacationed in Luray at wonderful Amish farmhouse for spring break. Our family loved the trip and enjoyed having the privacy of 70 acres. This year, we wanted to try something similar, but with the ability to ride ATVs and dirt bikes. We found the perfect place -- Pyne Mountain Farm in Salt Sulphur Springs, West Virginia.

The beautiful and rustic log home built in the early 1800's is located on approximately 500 acres with an elevation of 2100 feet. Miles and miles of old logging trails through all types of terrain are available for hiking, ATVs, motorcycles or off-road vehicles.

Our four children especially loved the 500 foot "zipline" that provided a thrilling, but safe trip from the log home to the barn.

All the wood we could use was provided for the furnace, fireplaces and the nightly fire pit where the kids enjoyed sitting around the campfire and making smores.

Five bedrooms and three bathrooms provided plenty of space for our family while two dogs, multiple cats, chickens, ducks and four horses provided lots of entertainment.

Wireless internet was available, but everyone enjoyed the other amenities so much, we seldom used it.

The hosts, David and Theresa, were exceptionally friendly and thoughtful. The nearby town of Union, WV is very quaint and has several well restored log homes from the 1800's for those looking to explore some of the history of Monroe County.

Our kids told us this was our best vacation ever and we agree.

Jeff and Mary
Brenkie Brenkie
My friends and I had a time of our live's!!! Feb 22, 2009
My friends and I had great time at Pyne Mountain Farm. After few months of living in DC area, it was the best place to relax. The hosts are amazing!!! The whole area, people and animals, which are living around will make you want to come back here again many times!!!
My friend, hosts, dogs and I.
sylviandavid says: