Puteri Salang Inn

Check Tioman Island Hotel Deals

Puteri Salang Inn Tioman Island Reviews

ruoyun ruoyun
Ridiculous and irresponsible Apr 01, 2012
I think the management is very inconsistent as well. My bf stayed in Puteri Salang Inn for about 2 weeks in 2010 and highly recommend the place. After reading through all the reviews online, we decided to book 3 rooms for the weekend. Since it was the long weekend in Singapore, we booked 1-2 months in advance. The reservation was already confirmed, however, when I called again a few days before the arrival date, I got a rude shock. The staff, Osman, told us that he gave out 1 of our rooms because someone who is currently in the Inn wanted to extend. When I told him that our reservation was already confirmed, he said that he does not have a choice because the customer wanted to extend, thus, we have to find an alternative accommodation. He also asked us to call back again the day before we arrive to check whether we still have the rooms booked.

Personally, I have stayed in many hostels in the past 8 years that I have been doing short trips around the region, and this is the more irresponsible thing that can be done. I am also in the hospitality industry, and whenever we have double booking (since humans make mistake), we always try to find an alternative for our guests and pay the difference in price since it is our mistake. This is the most ridiculous and irresponsible thing that anyone can ever do. I am sure if you actually manage to stay there, it maybe a good stay, but this anxiety of not having a place to stay on a long weekend is unnecessary. Especially when we are taking leave just for the trip, and not on a long backpacking trip. Time is not on our side in this case.
sethwd2 sethwd2
Nice Bungalows May 03, 2011
We stayed at this inn for our trip to Tioman. Due to the holiday, we had to take the aircon room for 110 ringgit, but it was pretty nice. The shower had hot water, the air con worked well - almost too well, and the staff (especially the owner Eddy) were very friendly and helpful.

The inn is located in a grassy area a little up from the beach, but the quietness and isolation make it worth it. There are numerous mango and coconut trees on the premises and with that lots of giant squirrels and monkeys.

There is an office for the inn at the Mersing ferry area, so you can book from the mainland if you want. Otherwise, depending on the time of year, you can just walk-in.

Check Tioman Island Hotel Deals