Purple Cafe and Wine Bar

(206) 829-2280

Purple Cafe and Wine Bar Seattle Reviews

Toonsarah Toonsarah
Excellent food, buzzing atmosphere Jul 05, 2017
This is a stylish, if rather cavernous, wine bar/restaurant with an interesting menu that includes pasta dishes, pizzas, salads and other dishes.

Despite it being a wine bar, however, on our first visit neither of us drank wine! Chris had a beer while I stuck to a soft drink as I was tired from our long flight to Seattle earlier that day - an interesting house-made 'shrub' flavoured with apricot and ginger.

Our meals were excellent, both Chris's lamb sausage pizza and my spaghetti with pesto and cherry tomatoes. The latter was nicely al dente and the sauce flavoursome. The two main courses and two drinks came to $50 plus service - fairly standard for Seattle.

We liked it here enough to return when we were back in Seattle at the end of our trip. On this occasion we were seated at the upstairs bar (we were lucky to get in, as it was a busy Saturday evening). We shared a fabulous starter of burata with croutons, apricots, almonds and a delicious dressing. My crab roll main course was nice, without being quite on a par with the starter, while Chris really liked his lamb burger. With his two beers and two quite pricey glasses of local Semillon for me, our bill came to $104 plus service. Not cheap, but it was the wine that pushed it up - the food prices are probably average for Seattle or even a little less than average.
Purple Cafe
My pasta
Chris's pizza
HORSCHECK says:
Congrats on your yummy featured review. Well done.
Posted on: Aug 02, 2017
Paulovic says:
Congrats on being the featured review of today!
Posted on: Aug 02, 2017