Puro

T +32 15 33 68 22, Fax +32 15 34 36 20

Puro Mechelen Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Puro - too Pure for me Apr 19, 2009
Puro is a very modern bar, cafe and restaurant. The place is rather large and is build up in to two levels and a few more sections. The decoration is modern; kept in dark wood, white and yellow colours.

Puro is situated in the heart of the city of Mechelen, actually in the old office buildings of the Lamot brewery. Puro' is a cosy get-together, where one can consume a lovely breakfast in the mornings, enjoy a casual drink or snack but also enjoy a dinner.

On the top floor, there is a separate restaurant room where about 120 people can be seated and a lounge room where 90 different wines are presented, each one cooled at the right temperature.

I didn’t eat in there but it is supposed to be a good place which is recommended in some of these free magazines you find in the mayor Belgian cities.

As a bar I didn’t really like the place; if I have a beer I like to get it in a cosy place where there is ambiance and charm. This place had neither. We stayed only for the beer and there was no reason to have another at this place.

I cant complain about the beer there - I had a beautiful Leffe Blonde