Puri Mas

Puri Mas - Interior of the restaurant

Puri Mas Amsterdam Reviews

therealfroggy therealf…
Exquisite Indonesian cuisine! Jul 05, 2010
We were recommended the Puri Mas by an employee at our hotel, and we certainly did not regret the visit!

The Puri Mas boasts four different menus centred around the rijsttafel, an Indonesian meal of several dishes all put on the table at once. These dishes range from mild to spicy and come with small side dishes like fried coconut powder, steamed rice and cold salads. None of us being experts on Indonesian cuisine, we were grateful for the staff's willingness to explain each separate dish and recommend a suitable wine for the meal.

The food was, for lack of a better word, divine. Exotic flavours and combinations of spices abound, there was something for everyone on the table. The staff, efficient and smiling, ensured we never ran out of drinks, and the six of us were unable to finish everything laid out on the table - there was certainly enough food. The atmosphere was relaxed and inviting, and the service was top notch. The coffee was served with after dinner chocolates on the side.

If you're ever in Amsterdam, go to the Puri Mas and order their rijsttafel. You won't regret it!
kat_mac27 kat_mac27
Indonesian Feast in Amsterdam Oct 04, 2008
I chose Puri Mas as the restaurant for the TB meet in Amsterdam (4/10/08) because I was intrigued by the Rijsttafel. It is a group set menu, you are given a range of dishes and everyone shares! It's a great way to try a lot of different dished without breaking the bank. The second reason was its affordability. We had the 20E Rijsttafel and it was about 6-7 dishes plus rice and water (alcohol not included).

When we arrived, Brett and others asked about separate billing for drinks and to our pleasant surprise, Puri Mas had a wonderful number system so that each person paid their own drinks bill with the minimum of fuss. It saved SO MUCH time and allowed everyone to tip as much as they felt comfortable without us getting confused!

I would highly recommend Puri Mas, especially for groups. The service was friendly and accommodating and I will definitely be returning.
codebeck says:
Great to hear this Katherine! I think I definitely have to try this restaurant out when I'm next in Amsterdam. Cheers!
Posted on: Oct 06, 2008
KeikoCreative KeikoCre…
Nice indonesian restaurant Oct 04, 2008
Puri Mas stands for Golden Temple, the restaurant serves their traditional Indonesian Rijsttafels and other dishes.

Katherine(kat_mac27) has chosen Puri Mas for the Amsterdam meetup because Puri Mas is ideal for group dinner, they serve a range of dishes that everyone can share and also is not too spicy.

The dishes are very delicious and also at an affordable pricing.

I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.
Entrance of the Puri Mas Indonesia…
Interior of the restaurant