Puri Mango Guesthouse

Check Sanur Hotel Deals

Puri Mango Guesthouse Sanur Reviews

Debarchan27 Debarcha…
A Boutique hotel for budget travellers Feb 08, 2010
Me and my wife started our Bali trip from Sanur and after going through loads of reviews on various resorts,hotels and B&B decided to choose Puri Mango Guesthouse, because of the economical rates (30$ including breakfast and Airport Pickup) they offered and the polite replies i received from Ms. Budi, Manager of Puri Mango. We stayed for 4 nights in Sanur. Mr.Guano picked us from Airport and was very friendly. We expected the place to be very basic but when we reached me and my wife were both amazed by the decor. It is built in traditional balinese way and has lot of nice landscaping inside. Also the temple like stone carvings and wooden craftwork makes it looks so amazing. We had a swimmingpool facing room on the 1st floor. The room and toilet were very basic but absolutely satisfying for what we paid for. The pool was very small but again absolutely fine for the price. The place has a nice libraray with a good collection of reading material.

The best part was the Mango cafe where they serve the breakfast and gets transformed into a nice restobar in the evening. The food is very nice and the staff at the cafe very friendly. My good friend Gusti at the bar made some local cocktails for me and my wife (Arack Attack and Arak Madu). The location also is excellent. We used to walk down to the beach in the morning to see the sunrise and evenings you can walk around to check out some nice places to socialise around.

The only thing i would like to make all the travellers aware of is the hotel driver/guide (Mr.Putu). If you take our word, dont even think of hiring him as the only places he will take you to are the tourist traps, where he gets his commissions. We being asians ourselves understood his intensions the first day and tolerated him so that our holiday doesnt get spoiled. he kept insisting that we buy stuff from the places he takes us to and not from other places. the insition started getting into more and more intense as we avoided buying anything and me and my wife did a lot of shopping from the local markets in UBUD, where you can bargain to your level best and get real good stuff at rock bottom prices. The guy was not happy at all and tried to avoid taking us to some places we wanted to visit by giving lame excuses. We sincerely suggest everyone to avoid this man. we will suggest everyone to use services of Mr.Mede, whom we found at a store around the corner and he became one of our best friends for the rest of our 7 days visit. You can find him in the tourist center next to Restaurent Randy if you walk for 5 minutes from Puri Mango on your left.

Check Sanur Hotel Deals