Puri Bendesa Villas

Puri Bendesa Villas Rates and Deals

Puri Bendesa Villas Bali Reviews

turbo7880 turbo7880
A gem in paradise Mar 09, 2015
My review of the Puri Bendesa Villas is overall a great getaway, away from the busy city of Bali. There is beautiful scenery where you can see the ocean, enjoy a cocktail, and have a great massage. I found the Pure Bendesa Villa on a third party website where I was able to get a discounted price. The average price is about $100 per night. I got the villa with a 40% discount. Even without the discount, I believe that I got my money’s worth while in Bali. IT was a great stay for the week that I was in Bali.

When I arrived to the Puri Bendesa Villas they were waiting with a cool beverage with a smile and had my villa all ready to go. The staff is very professional, friendly, and knowledgeable. When the staff was setting up my travel itinerary, the staff was very helpful to make sure I optimized my time. They set up a vehicle for me for the time, which was an extra cost, but it was not too bad. I am very happy with the staff at the Puri Bendesa Villas.

As for my villas, yes I said villas plural. I was moved/ upgraded during my stay due to my original villa having some scheduled electrical maintenance. It was not an issue, I got a bigger villa. All the villas were great, some were better than others. Each had working electricity and Wi-Fi internet. Each bedroom has a working AC unit in it. The bathrooms were clean and full of toiletries. Each Villa had a private pool, meditation area, lounge chairs, kitchen, and an area that allowed you to eat outside if you chose to. Some of my favorite things about the villas were the private pool, some of the villas had waterfalls in the pools, which was so relaxing. I have to say having grass to walk on was fantastic. I work in a country where it is all sand, gravel and dirt where nothing can grow. I loved having grass to walk through barefoot. It was so pleasurable.

My original villa (Villa 59) was by far my favorite. It was just perfect. My favorite part was having a bridge over the pool to get to the lounge area. The waterfall was behind the bridge. It was so Zen. I was a bit sad to have been moved from it to another villa, but I was on vacation, so it was cool with me. I got upgraded to a bigger villa. I got moved to Villa 33 which is the villa they show for a two bedroom villa on the Puri Bendesa website. It was a very nice villa. It had pretty much everything except for the waterfall. The manager of the Puri Bendesa asked me if I like the room and I said I missed the waterfall. They had an opening for another villa (Villa 70) and I was moved the next day. Villa 70 was a wonderful villa. I had a view through the hills surrounding the villas to the Indian Ocean. The villa was the largest of the three villas that I stayed in. It was very peaceful. The pool was great for swimming and well just floating and relaxing. I had so much space, I really did not know what to do. It was definitely meant for more people. IF anything was ever wrong with the villa, I was able to call the front desk and they immediately sent someone to fix the problem. I did do this the first time I moved into each villa with a waterfall, because I could not find the operating systems to start the water. The maintenance guys were very quick and explained how I could start the waterfalls. They also filled up the pools with more water so the waterfalls could flow fully.

I ate at the restaurant located inside the Puri Bendesa grounds. I had the included breakfast every morning. If I overslept and it was close to the end of breakfast, I would get a phone call to see if I still wanted breakfast from the restaurant. I was also given the choice to have the food delivered to the room. I did not use the room service, so I cannot give an opinion on it, but I am sure it was fantastic had I did. I also had dinner at the restaurant, and they had a good selection of food from Eastern and Western Cultures, along with local cuisines. Yes I had the local cuisines and it was pretty good. Being an American portions are a lot bigger for us, but I was full with what they served. The flavors were fantastic. The staff was great, professional and very talkative. Since I travel alone, I like having conversations.

I took advantage of getting a massage one day. I had just returned from a long day of site seeing and call the front desk to set up an appointment. All massages were done after 1700 daily. I got one at 1800 and was given the choice of being picked up to go to the spa to have the massage or have the masseuse come to the villa. I chose to have it done at the villa. It was a great choice to do it at the villa. I had the massage outside on one of the deck chairs while the sun was going down. It was fantastic!! I highly recommend a massage like that. The massage was a little more costly than from a massage parlor in Bali. It was about $25 dollars for the hour. The masseuse was great and a very unique experience.

I also took advantage of their taxi service. You can rent a driver from the hotel for the day for about $70 for eight hours, or pro-rate for less time. It is a little more costly, but the driver will wait while you go site seeing, shopping, or anything else you want to do. The driver will be there for you to pick up. You can arrange to pay through the hotel or with the driver. You do have some bartering leverage with the hotel and the drivers on the price, but they will stay that $70 dollar mark. You also can have the hotel just call you a taxi, which is cheaper if you use bluebird taxis. The hotel will call for a bluebird taxi for you. Just to look out, if you do take the toll road it will cost you extra money. It is as about a dollar each way, so it’s not a huge expense, but if you choose not to take the toll road, you could sit in traffic for a while during the busy times. I took the toll road and it was worth it. When I left the hotel to go to the airport, I had a driver to get me to the airport. This was of no charge to the airport.

Now for some critique. These are not really meant to be negative, but things to know before you choose to book Puri Bendesa Villas. You will be far away from almost everything in Kuta. The Puri Bendesa Villas are located south of the airport in Bali and are in a remote area. It is great if you like being in a remote area (like me). It is about a 20 minute drive to Uluwatu and Nusa Dua. You are also about a 40 minute to an hour drive to Kuta and Denpasar depending on traffic. It could be longer with heavy traffic, and that’s without taking the toll road. Coming back from Legion Street at 0300 I had taxi drivers get lost trying to find the Puri Bendesa, but I had a card with the front desk’s number to call in case the driver got lost. The staff notes each taxi driver that arrives to the hotel, so they keep tabs if they get a person who tries to scam tourist.

Other than the location, which was not a problem for me, it was a great choice. Will I go back? Absolutely. I am happy that I stayed at the Puri Bendesa Villas and highly recommend it to people who want to visit Bali. Are there other choices there? Yes. There are great resorts that are near beaches, temples, museums and shopping centers. It all what you want.
Front of Villa 59
Villa 59
Villa 59
Bedroom, Villa 59

Puri Bendesa Villas Overview

Discover all that Bali has to offer with Puri Bendesa Villas as a base. All hotel's guestrooms have all the conveniences expected in a hotel in its class to suit guests' utmost comforts. Each guestroom is tastefully appointed with non smoking rooms, air conditioning, inhouse movies, hair dryer, television, television LCD/plasma screen, shower. Guests staying at this Bali accommodation can enjoy a wide range of hotel facilities such as 24hr room service, coffee shop, laundry service/dry cleaning, meeting facilities, restaurant, safety deposit boxes, hotel/airport transfer, tours. To unwind, guests can enjoy the leisure facilities provided on the hotel's property, including massage, jacuzzi, gym, sauna, spa, outdoor pool. Modern comfort and convenience are seamlessly combined to ensure the guests' satisfaction. To book a room easily at the Puri Bendesa Villas, please submit your travel dates and proceed with our secure online booking form.

Puri Bendesa Villas Amenities