Puran India Restaurant

1704 Eastland Drive, Bloomington, IL, USA
www.puranindia.com - 309-663-0885
Puran India Restaurant  - traditional garlic naan
Puran India Restaurant  - Onion Bhaji, papdam and veggie samosas! LOL i was so hungry I almost forgot to take the picture!
Puran India Restaurant  - Cherry Naan..
Puran India Restaurant  - Yellow Dal with ginger, tomatoes and onions
Puran India Restaurant  - exterior
Puran India Restaurant  - Interior
Puran India Restaurant  - mmmmm yellow dal and basmati rice...

Puran India Restaurant Bloomington Reviews

esterrene esterrene
Tasty Indian cuisine in IL Sep 10, 2009
There are three Indian restaurants listed for the Bloomington, IL area. I decided to check this out restaurant first only because it had one star more than the others... The plan was to try this place first and since I will be working in this area for the next week or so I can try the other places later...

Well, Puran may have ruined me for the other local indian restaurants!! :P

The atmosphere of the restaurant is a down to earth kind of sophistication. Clean, not too swank but definitely NOT a hole in the wall. It was a pleasant and cozy casual dinning experience. The waiters were very professional and quick to answer any questions regarding the food and the food itself was marvelous! Everyone in our dining party have been raving about this place for the past few days. My father included and he isn't normally as partial to Indian cuisines as I am.

The menu was filled with tasty veggie goodies. You can actually check the full menu out online! I was very happy to see Onion Bhaji on the menu! Its not a common appetizer option! and there was also something I have never seen or tried before on the menu.

Cherry Naan. OMG OMG OMG it was good!! I know Naan is not usually a vegan option, but I had to take a small bite and it may have been the most heavenly bite I have ever taken! it was sweet but not too sweet. It would make the perfect dessert! :P:P

Puran also has a small indian grocery shop next door. I didn't get a chance to walk around the shop but I am sure it is just as fantastic as the restaurant itself!

I'm looking forward to eating here again... and maybe I will get around to trying the other places! maybe :P:P
exterior
Interior
Onion Bhaji, papdam and veggie sam…
Cherry Naan..