Puning Hot Springs

Sapangbato Barangay, Angeles City, Philippines

Puning Hot Springs Angeles City Reviews

sequoia8 sequoia8
Spectacular Natural Volcano Related Canyons and Hot Spring Feb 05, 2011
There is not much in the way of Natural beauty in this area except for this out of the way attraction... I was very skeptical when I read about it because the price was 3000 Pesos, near $70 usd for the package...but before I was into it for an hour I felt I got my money's worth... It's like a trip back into prehistoric time in terms of the geologic formation of the riverbed cut and the high bluffs surrounding. The package included the 4x4 half hour drive from base camp to the spring area with different temp pools from Way to Hot to tolerate to comfortably warm... The areas are clean and neat which is sometimes hard to find in the Philippines.

I was told there are about 100 Aetas or Negritos (original inhabitants) working on the site and therefore the entrance fee aids in the local very primitive economy... We spent an hour at the springs.... I would have hung there longer if I could change anything...that's the main feature...then we went on to the hot sand burial and mud smear, which was cold and my least favorite...I would have it happen in the sun next time...but it was winter when I had that experience.

The showers are not hot water showers at that point... actually if I had my choice I would do the mud and sand experience first and then spend the rest of the time out at the hot spring which is a further and different location.... The experience ends with a buffet... it was not the Balagio in Las Vegas...but it was better than I expected... you can ask for Kim Chi not seen at the buffet... they cater to a lot of Korean Tourists there...The whole experience is easy access from the Clark Airport area and can be done easily in a half day... It's in the same league as the Pinatubo trip for this area... but more sensual even if you swim at the top of Pinatubo....!!!! You might want to bring snacks to tide you off till the buffet fits into your schedule... buffet starts at 11 and consisted of chop suey, fried chicken, pork bits on a stick...canton noodles...rice... salad....etc.

Check Angeles City Hotel Deals