Punatsangchhu Cottages

+975- 2-380907

Punatsangchhu Cottages Wangdiphodrang Reviews

halilee halilee
Good location, clean. Nov 06, 2014
I have a single room which actually has 2 beds with several pillows available, hardwood floors, and is a decent size. It was very clean. There is a small TV, in room plug-in heater, kettle, and bottle of water. Other amenities included shampoo and lotion. Bathroom is an average size with a shower.

Supper consisted of a buffet with fish, salad, rice, veggies, noodles. Desert of fruit and cream. Supper is served from 7-9pm. Breakfast is 7-9am and consisted of porridge, toast, rice, Apple pieces, juice, coffee and tea.

Laundry services are available but I did not use them.

Staff was cordial and pleasant.
bathroom
my room
dining area
Vanessa_Mun_Yee Vanessa_…
Excellent View - Hate the bed Apr 03, 2012
Punatshangchuu Cottages in between the two most important Dzong - Wangdue Dzong is 3 km away or 5 minutes'drive and Phunakha Dzong is 15km away or 20 munites' drive. Literary it is located in Wangi by the riverbank of Punakha River.

It was funny that I could not locate the name of this hotel at all when we arrived. The lobby was tiny and it is located just next to the restaurant.

We love the gorgeous view of Punakha River from our room. There is a balcony outside with coffee table and chair to admire the view while have a sip of coffee. Basically all their rooms have the unpolluted river view.

The room was clean and come with the coffee and tea making facility.

I hated the bed. There were two single beds that pushed together to made a double bed. I checked with the front desk and they told me all rooms have the same type of bedding configuration. The bed was hard; it may be a problem for people who are not use to this kind of hard bed.

The room was an ok size with a giant flat screen TV, dressing table and a stool, a closet, a luggage rack and a coat hanger.

Bathroom was clean with soaps, shampoo and lotion. Although I won't use the shampoo and lotion as it looked old to me. The walk-in shower/ Jacuzzi was clean, but the faucet wasn't functioning quite well.

The hotel provides free wifi at the dining area, not in the room though.

If they would change the only one thing I don't like - the bedding configuration, I would definitely go back to this hotel.
Reception
2 beds pushed together to become 1…
clean shower