PumpHouse Restaurant

Lot 3005, Kununurra, Australia

PumpHouse Restaurant Kununurra Reviews

goombah goombah
One of the best restaurants in the country Apr 11, 2011
The entire restaurant is basically a refurbished pump house on the Ord River. Now that may not sound appealing to some, but once you get there, the whole thing really works. You have a choice of dining inside or outside on the decking above the river, either near the entrance, or around the side of the restaurant. During the day you can be entertained by throwing your scraps into the river to feed the thousands of fish eagerly awaiting their next morsel from a friendly patron.

The staff are polite, the owner/manager is friendly and suggested the spaghetti ice cream on our first visit... Which was so good, I would move to Kununurra just to be able to have it everyday. The food is superb, everything we ordered was cooked to perfection. The whiskey smoked barramundi was perfect. Again, I would move there just to dine at this restaurant if I could.

I've been to all sorts of good restaurants around the world, from Paris to Hong Kong, but I still tell everyone my favourite restaurant is the PumpHouse retaurant in Kununurra.

And if you sit outside just before sunset, you can watch the sun set up the Ord River and just as the last bit of light descends over the horizon, look up and you'll see the sky blanketed by bats silently gliding into the dusk.

Check Kununurra Hotel Deals