Pulled over in Missouri by a State Trooper

Festus, Missouri

Pulled over in Missouri by a State Trooper Festus Reviews

Chokk Chokk
I got pulled over by a State Trooper doing 87 mph in Missouri in a 70 mph zone May 27, 2012
Everyone that follows my blogs knows that I end up getting stopped by the police when I drive around and this also happen to me in the States, but I also have to say it was the first time ever.

I had been driving too fast for quite some time because I was doing loads of miles on quite empty roads on this trip. I was heading north to St. Louis after having spent my morning in Memphis. I generally look often in my mirrors because I drive fast and at one point when I looked in the rear mirror and saw a police car coming towards me with the sirens on and all the lights going. It was quite evident that it was me he was after as I was the only car on the road.

I stopped and a young State Trooper addressed me saying that I had been measured doing 87 mph in a 70 mph zone. I had a big friendly smile on my face, as I was generally happy. I told him that I had gotten totally carried away driving in this wonderful country and listening to Top 500 rock songs on the radio, which as a fact was totally true. I had been listening to Smoke on the Water and had felt completely liberated driving in the green and hilly landscape on some magnificent high way. He asked for my driver license and my car registrations, I told him that it was a rental car and gave him the papers that I had.

He came back after 5 minutes examining my papers and asked me if I was from Denmark. I confirmed that and then he told me that he would let me of with a warning in this special case and also told me to stay under 83 mph in the future as that was his limit for giving out tickets. He ended up asking me how I liked USA and I told him "even more now" with another genuine smile.

I asked him what a ticket like this in general would have been and he told me around 200 dollars. In some cases they would take people to prison if they expected that people could not pay the fine.

We talked a bit and we ended up waving to each other as we parted at the next exit of the high way. My first encounter with the US police had been a nice one and I continued my trip driving a little less fast that day.
Sorry didn't get a better picture …
Chokk says:
Ha, ha Forrest - maybe you should ;D
Posted on: Jun 11, 2012
usaforrest says:
Good story... and I'm glad things worked out for you. Maybe the next time I get pulled over I will say that I am from Denmark!!!
Posted on: Jun 09, 2012
Chokk says:
Jacques - I guess you only make a mistake like that once. I rearly get out of the car but only first after we have made contact.
Posted on: Jun 08, 2012