Pulkovo airport

Pulkovo airport, Saint Petersburg, Russia

Pulkovo airport Saint Petersburg Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Small fast and not beautiful Nov 15, 2010
It was my first time in Polkovo airport and a couple of things struck me; it was much smaller than I anticipated and also a lot faster in all their services than I ever would have dared to guess.

Since 2007 Pulkovo is the 4th busiest in Russia after Moscow's Domodedovo, Sheremetyevo and Vnukovo airports. There are two passenger terminals: Pulkovo-1 for domestic flights and Pulkovo-2 for international flights and there is also one cargo terminal. The airport has two main runways; the first runway is 3782 m long and 60 m wide, and the second runway is 3410 m long and 60 m wide.

I was visiting the international terminal that was small and old fashion but extremely efficient; the luggage came fast, the entry passport control worked perfectly and even the taxi service in to the centre of Saint Petersburg.

When we left again the check-in when easy and so did the security control. The duty-free was large and prices were cheap and in euro.
The plane just after landing seen …
Getting ready for passport control
Russian Souvenirs
One of many shops
Chokk says:
I was amazed how well things worked but I could imagine that there is need for more space during the summer.

Yeah I get the custom - we were checked two times, but I didnt mind because I was in good time.
Posted on: Nov 20, 2010
yanika478 says:
Well they are trying hard to improve and they actually do,but there are strange times when a customs control suddenly gets an order to increase checking measures and then it becomes a mess. They are now building a third big terminal Pulkovo 3 which will be operated by Fraport ( Frankfurt airport). I hope it will finally match the city needs.
Posted on: Nov 20, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Pulkovo airport

Back to Moscow
It was another hectic day. Again, I booked my flight early in the morning, so I had to leave the hostel at 5:20 am. I went out the previous night and came back to the hostel at around 3:00 am, so I o…Saint Petersburg's Pulkovo Airport. Going through Pulkovo is a breeze, compared with Sheremetyevo, because it is such a compact…

Check Saint Petersburg Hotel Deals