Pula, Hrvatska

Pula, Croatia

Pula, Hrvatska Reviews

walterman9999 walterma…
Pula, Croatia Sep 29, 2014
When our time was up on the family farm, Boris came by to give us a ride to his house in Pula. Boris was a college buddy of mine who left for Croatia when the war broke out. Boris stayed at the farm for an hour to chat with my relatives then we left for Pula. About half way to Pula we hit a traffic jam in Rijeka the largest city around except Pula.

We settled in his house in Pula and then we were off to the beach. The beach was just as rocky as sandy and hard on the feet. Keep in mind that Pula is a regional European resort for its beaches. Leaving I stopped at an old restroom and the toilet was a missing half board on the floor.

On the way back to his house Boris went through Pula to show us the sights. We passed by some impressive roman ruins. We saw some colorful old buildings. Then we went by the city shore line and small port.

The next day Boris had a buddy of his to join us. They took us to a different beach. This beach was bare solid rock so I never took off my shoes and didnt swim. It was enjoyable taking it easy in the shade and watching the sea.

Later they took us to a festaval at the mountaintop city of Montavon. We missed the bus so we had to walk up the mountain. They played good music up there and not to loud. I met a street vender and purchased a big bag of several kinds of fruit...so we had lunch. We went to the very top of what looked like an old fort and had a great view. Later we caught the bus down the mountain and returned to Pula.

A year later on a cruise ship I met a lady from Croatia. I told her about Boris giving her his full name. She was very surprised at first. Then she told me that Boris was a national hero because during the war he sold everything he owned and used all his assets to go to Germany and brought back as much medical supplies as possible.
Pula beach
Pula roman ruins
Walter ready for a tattoo
Pula, nice building