Pukk

www.pukknyc.com - (212) 253-2742

Pukk New York Reviews

pinchora pinchora
Jul 21, 2007
So my friend Becky is Vegitarian and really wanted to eat at a good Vegitarian restaurant while in NYC. We found this place called Pukk (which apparently means Vegan in Thai) in the East Village of Manhattan that had superb Thai Vegitarian/Vegan Food for a really good price.

We walked up the the restaurant and on the outside it doesn't look like it's anything special; it sort of looks dingy, small and cramped... But once entering you are greeted by a smiling hostess who seats you immediately. The room is made with white, small tiling that looks like it should be put on a bathroom floor. This tiling is everywhere...teh walls, the plates and the seats. The chairs are lime green and are see through.

We all sit down and I was very excited when I got to look at the menu....they had Lychee Thai Iced Tea! Now the only reason why I know what Lychee is is because I had it in Panama and China...and select chinese buffets in the US...this is a sweet fruit. when you look at it whole you wonder what you are eating. It is has a pinkish, red spikey shell around the fruit and inside is a slimey whitish flesh that has a white grape taste to it. Underneath the fruit is a seed that resembles a buckeye...both the shell and the seed are poisonous...so don't eat it.

The whole entree for lunch was very cheap at $6 USD a meal. I got a clear vegegable soup, 2 spring rolls and the Massaman Curry Vegetables. There are entrees on the menu that say duck or chicken but these are all a soy based meat...and honestly if you didn't know that it was soy based you would not know the difference between real and artificial meat in the meal. The Curry in my food was spicy and made my nose water but honestly was some of the best thai food I ever had! the taste was wonderful and it kept me wanting more! also, since it is vegetarian, it is very filling!
pinchora says:
I'm sorry....next time I'll have to take pics of food for you...I'm not big into taking pics at restaurants! If you go to www.PukkNYC.com you can see photo's of the food! =)
Posted on: Jul 25, 2007
mellemel8 says:
yummy and where are the pics of the food?!?!?!
Posted on: Jul 25, 2007