Puerto Rico fort

Puerto Rico, United States

Puerto Rico fort Reviews

walterman9999 walterma…
Old Puerto Rico fort, that kept them under Spanish rule Dec 05, 2016
The El Morro fort (Castillo San Felipi del Morro) is the first thing you see as you enter San Juan harbor. We got up early on the Royal Caribbean cruise ship. I made it up to the top deck on port side two hours before making port and elbowed my way to the top rail for a clear view of the large old fort eye to eye from my position. Reaching the Morrow fort there was about a thousand people on deck to see great fort. I was on the edge of the ship where I need not shoot through people or glass. At the right moment I fired off some shots with my obsolete camera. That was long ago when the cruise ships came into port in daylight. Now the ships tend to make port under the cover of darkness.

We made port and I took my camera with Sylvia and started to walk. We stopped a while at the old rum museum for a few quick free drinks. (Not long after my visit they closed the rum museum.) We started out with a long steep uphill walk in old San Juan to reach the fort. I cant remember what the small fee was for enterance.

There are several levels to the fort. They have an ample supply of cannons and ammo there. There are a lot of small stone rooms with a little shooting hole where a sniper can shoot in relative safety.

We walked around for at least three hours seeing a bunch of impressive fortifications.

Then it was time to go shopping and leave cuz we ran out of water; and we herd the buffet calling us from the ship.
San Juan, del Morrow fort, new San…
San Juan, del Morrow fort, new San…
San Juan, del Morrow fort
San Juan, del Morrow fort
walterman9999 says:
Vance,
It could be Bacardi, I don't remember. I never tried Don Q. There was my favorite (can't remember brand) I found only duty free in the San Juan airport after customs.
vances says:
Was the rum museum Bacardi? Puerto Rican friends enlightened me that Don Q was better and I even had to bring them some back since it is not imported to the USA, lol!
walterman9999 says:
Thanks Chow,
I had a great experience.
Puerto Rico fort Map