Puerto Pension

Check Palawan Hotel Deals

Puerto Pension Palawan Reviews

bhush2006 bhush2006
A nice and comfortable accommodation. Mar 24, 2013
I stayed at Puerto Pension on 1st Feb. and 2nd Feb. 2013. Since I was a solo traveller, I booked a Single room there. It is very conveniently located near market and just few minutes away from airport. The hotel arranged to picked me up with their air conditioned van. Puerto pension is very comfortable, nicely designed with much use of wooden material and has a rustic feel. There was very nice and artistic interior, a nice and comfortable room with air conditioning and attached toilet with hot and cold showers. The accommodation is really clean.

They have a roof top restaurant serving delicios food. The restaurant offers a very nice view of Puerto Bay. You can just sit there and enjoy your food. I had a good breakfast for 2 days. The staff at front desk as well as room service are very friendly and attentive.

The place also offered free wifi. You can just walk down to Rizal avenue in just 3-4 minutes. Puerto Baywalk is just behind this hotel and in the evening I use to walk down there and enjoy local food on food stalls.

I got my Underground river tour arranged by the hotel and they made really nice arrangements for it. I also booked a city tour with them. Overall it was a great experience staying here and Puerto Pension really made my stay enjoyable.
Cristine27 Cristine…
Clean room with a nice view from my window :D Jul 24, 2011
My room has a nice view of the bay. I like the small bed enough for me. The room was clean & tidy and the staff were so nice and so accommodating. Breakfast was free but i didn't like it,Sorry. (a small bread and a small scrambled egg)
hollywoodinoregon hollywoo…
cute with amenities! Jul 17, 2011
I found this puerto pension by doing a google search that brought up googlemap tags for hotels and it linked me to this review. After seeing the good rating we decided to make our reservation here.

we arrived and checked into our room which was very tiny but very well decorated and clean. The hot water machine was not working at first and i was a bit annoyed because that was one reason i booked this room, looking forward to a nice, hot shower after a few weeks of going on cold water. I had my bf go ask the front desk, the maintenance guy was out for the day and we would have to wait until the next day to see if it could be fixed (which i was somewhat doubtful of anyways) and that they would waive the taxes for the room for the night. I was not impressed with that offer and was still pretty irritated - i just wanted my hot shower! I went down to the front desk and asked if another room was available, which it was and we were able to be switched across the hall to an equally cute room albeit a tad smaller. The hot water worked! And yay, i got my shower afterall. The staff was pretty nice about it although i think they could have offered to switch us to another room when we complained about it the first time.

my boyfriend and i enjoyed the working wi-fi in the room and the cable tv during some downtime. The hotel breakfast was tasty. The location is a tad off the main road but still only a cheap trike ride to the main areas for restuarants and bars so no problem there. The overall building and rooms were all super cute and had a nice islandy vibe. Even with the first broken water machine, i would definitely recommend this hotel.

after puerto princesa, we ventured to el nido on a van ride the hotel set up. If you plan to do this, have the hotel book you the front of the van seats if possible. For some reason, when we got picked up, we were shoved into the very back of a super cramped van (4 rows behind the driver). When we tried to move to the seats behind the driver, they said we had reserved the very back (yeah, right, who on earth would do that!). It was a super, long (9 hrs) uncomfortable trip that could be a lot nicer. You might be able to request a van with more seats, etc. Or something to make the trip better.

when we returned to puerto after 3 nights (in our behind-the-driver van seats, only 6 hr return ride) we tried to stay in this hotel for 2 more nights but they were all booked, even during low season. We were bummed.

overall, my favorite room out of 7 that i stayed in during 5 weeks in the philippines..
yheleen yheleen
Puerto Pension - the best place to stay in Puerto Princesa Dec 01, 2009
The pension will always be a favorite. It has always been my practice that if I go back to a certain place, I’ll look for another place to stay for a change of scenery and to a have a different experience. Puerto Princesa City is an exemption to that. As much as possible, I opt to stay in Puerto Pension with its sweet ambiance and relaxing accommodation, much different than the familiar, unexciting walls of a hotel room.

Here, rooms are quiet exotic, native and uniquely decorated. It’s an affirmation that you are indeed in a tropical place. Tables, chairs, beds are made of wood and other decors of indigenous materials. There are wide balconies for each room plus aircon, hot and cold shower, cable TV and mini bar amenities, all for 845 pesos per night or $19 (for single rooms).

Added to that, there’s a free wifi internet connections anywhere in the pension and the staff are so friendly and accommodating, willing to go the extra mile for any guest which they consider as friends.

There’s a free airport transfer with staff as tour guide offering info on the city when they picked you up.

Other services they have: massage, laundry, telephone services, free safety deposit box, package tours and excursion arrangements, manicure/pedicure if you want and they accept credit cards.

Although, it’s not in the heart of the city, it’s still very near since you can either take a long walk to the city or ride a tricycle for 8 pesos.

The best part of the pension I love is the Tribu roof deck which serves as the bar/café. It provides a great panoramic view of the Puerto Princesa Bay.

Great price, best view, relaxing accommodation, good food, nice people – no wonder Lonely Planet recommends the place and the city government recently awarded it as the Most Outstanding Tourist Inn of Puerto Princesa.
great view of the Puerto Princesa …
single bed for small girls like me…
view along the bay near the pension
bhush2006 says:
Nice review.
Posted on: Jul 22, 2012
bernard69 says:
congrats:)
Posted on: Dec 03, 2009
planisphere says:
nice, punta ako sa feb. and dahil sa review mo, dito na rin ako magstay. :)
Posted on: Dec 03, 2009
ellechic ellechic
Beautiful accomodation, designed with local materials! Oct 21, 2009
Puerto Pension is a great affordable bed & breakfast with a real Philippine touch, designed beautifully like a nipa hut, it is homey and clean.

The walls are made of local materials and art pieces.

My friends and I shared a room with a queen size bed and 2 twin cot beds, with ensuite bathroom. Despite the added 2 cots, the room was still spacious and comfortable enough for all of us.

The rooms has A/C, WiFi access (password changed daily so ask the staff for the current WiFi password), and TV w/ cable.

There are also seating outside the rooms on the balcony to enjoy the cool breeze and quietness of island life. Or enjoy the small open seating area, at the Garden Bar.

They have a rooftop restaurant, Tribu Restaurant & Bar, also open to public, with a view of Puerto Princesa bay. Breakfast is free for staying guests.
mavicmongers says:
How far is this place from the Airport?? Also thanks for the review..thinking of staying here for my up coming adventure!!
Posted on: Sep 08, 2012