Pubs in the Vieux Nice

Nice, France

Pubs in the Vieux Nice Reviews

jp88 jp88
pubs May 09, 2011
Some great pubs on random small streets in the old town. Start at the course seleyna for dinner and drinks then just wander around the old town till you find a place that looks good, you can't go wrong
so_sophie so_sophie
Great fun! Nov 29, 2008
I was in Nice a couple of weeks ago, for the first time. I went with my french class at school and we found a few places we really liked. Our favorite was Pompei. Why?

- cheap drinks. € 4 until 10.00 p.m. (if I remember correctly) and a reasonably wide selection. Only problem with the drinks was that some people found them a bit too strong. Do not order a cocktail here if you don't like the taste of spirits

- amazing music. They played a huge variety of rock, and it was loud enough to create an atmosphere but not too loud that you couldn't talk to people

- great people. we met some very nice french people here, and unlike paris; they actually speak french to you even though your french isn't flawless.

Maybe one of the reasons we enjoyed it so much was cause there were a lot of peopple in our age group there. it really makes a lot of difference!
MedKate MedKate
Jun 10, 2007
Most tourists go to the obvious spots: Thor on the Cours Saleya, Wayne's in the Vieux Nice. While these are fine for a night out, if you want to meet some locals, try these (no cover charges):

L'oxford: A tiny pub with live music. 4, rue Mascoinat. Come early (ten-ish) or you won't be seated! This place gets packed fast.

Les trois diables: 2, cours Saleya. The servers are more polite than at Thor!

Les distilleries Ideales (most simply referred to as L'Ideal): Go for happy hour, 2 for 1 kir, with peanuts, it's a great place to start an evening. (It's also one of the medical students favourites so do come by.)

Pompei (Bulldog): tucked away in the Vieux, this place attracts a young crowd (16 to 20 year olds mostly), probably because they serve the cheapest drinks. The Live music is english language rock and really good.

La Bodeguita del Havana: try something different! Excellent live salsa, tiny dance floor but muy caliente! 14, rue Chauvain.

Ok I haven't been out too much this year due to some serious exams. But these will be over in a couple of days. I plan to make up for all the all-nighters. Stay tuned, I'll update this review soon!
travelman727 says:
Thanks for the info! I'll definitely use your advice on my next trip to the French Riviera :-D
Posted on: Jun 13, 2007