Pubara Park

pont de poubara, Gabon

Pubara Park pont de poubara Reviews

jarv1506 jarv1506
Beautiful, but rarely visited Aug 26, 2008
Pubara Park is located approximately 2 hours drive from Franceville, Gabon. As far as I know there is no public transportation to the park. I got there by getting a ride with someone I know locally. To be honest it might be the only way to get there short of getting your own vehicle. There are no signs on the way there, so good luck if you decide to go it alone. The park is rather small, and is easily recognizable by the fact that the road ends at the power generation plant which runs off of the river. To cross into the park you cross a handmade vine bridge, which if you're an Indiana Jones fan, is completely awesome! However you need to pay roughly $10 a person to get in, and an additional $20 per camera you take along. I had a local friend with me and he got me in for $5, but don't expect the same. After crossing the bridge, a guide will take you into the jungle and bring you out at a stunning waterfall. It's definitely worth the trip if you're in the area, very few people make it out that far. When I signed the guest book my guide let me see the tourism numbers, only 1000 people a year visit the park and 70% of those are Gabonaise or french expats. But if your in Franceville it's worth the drive.
Temple of Doom!!!!
I know, stunning right? The river'…
In the jungle, the mighty jungle.
Fantastic waterfall!