Psycho Suzi's Motor Lounge

1900 Marshall St. Northeast, Minneapolis, MN, USA - 612-788-9069

Psycho Suzi's Motor Lounge Minneapolis Reviews

vulindlela vulindle…
Retro restaurant Apr 11, 2012
I was in Minneapolis for business earler this week and put out an open call to any of the local TBs fo a lunch meet.

Anna(SmileyGirl) messaged me that she was off and could meet up. Anna suggested this place and I am so glad that she did!

Growing up in Southern California, we had many tiki themed places, and they are slowly disappearing. I am a huge fan of retro tiki places!!

Stepping inside, I felt right at home with the decor and the little waterfall fountain in the lobby. We arrived at opening, so we were seated quickly. I was not all that hungry, which is sad, because everyhting on the munu looked good. Since they are know for good pizza, I went for that.

They have many choices on sauce and toppings but I chose traditional red sauce, with pepperoni and black olives.

Anna had a bacon burger with bleu cheese and tator tots, that looked very good.

Even though they have many yummy looking tropical drinks, we stuck with water this day.

Our waiter was wonderful! He made sure we were taken care of and always had a full water glass.

They have an outdoor patio that overlooks the Mississippi River, which I am sure is fun in the summer time.

I was really impressed with this place and would love to return.

The prices are a little high, for what you get in my opinion, but the place is a must visit if you love tiki restaurants and is worth the prices.

Thank you for reading!
Anna and I
restaurant area
my pizza
SmileyGirl says:
Well done! Thanks again for lunch Jeremy!! :)
Posted on: Mar 15, 2012
Africancrab says:
Nice review Jeremy
Posted on: Mar 14, 2012
castex21 says:
Congratulations on the feature, sir!
Posted on: Mar 13, 2012
traveller142009 travelle…
Tiki Bar in Northeast Minneapolis Oct 14, 2012
I was browsing the twin cities for Polynesian restaurants and came up on this listing for a Tiki Bar. The name is neither exotic nor Polynesian but intriguing enough to peek my curiousity. So I decided to check it for lunch last Friday. The front of the building was unimpressive with two tiki heads. As you enter the dimly lit restaurant the hostess directs you to go downstairs to the restaurant. The restaurant was all lit up with these red decorative lighting. Among the many seating arrangements was a bar next to the outdoor patio which had many straw umbrella coverings. Looks like it would be neat to dine on the outside during the summer months.

The staff was friendly, the service prompt and the burgers and hash browns made for a good lunch. I understand that they do have a happy hour there every night and a scrumptious brunch on Sundays. During the weekends, they open up the three themed lounges on the upstairs along with a live band.

A very interesting place tucked away in Northeast Minneapolis.
alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
Tacky Tiki is the name of the game Jun 25, 2011
Psycho Suzi's is a fun tiki bar/restaurant that was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives on the Food Network. The restaurant is known for their pizza. As soon as you step inside, you will be transported back several decades as you wander around the carved tiki heads, bamboo curtains and faux wood-panel floor carpet of the lounge.

The first thing you might notice is the full parking lot. That's because this place is awesome! Never fear, there is free parking on the street. You will pass some giant tiki heads on your way in and are greeted by the hostess in front of a waterfall. There are some special themed bars upstairs, but most people head downstairs to the lounge or outside to the patio. The floor really is covered in carpet that looks like wood panels. The lounge is covered in bamboo wall hangings, carved tiki poles, carved figurines, and decorative lamps and plants.

The bathrooms are possibly the most fun I've ever been in. First you need to decide which one you belong in: "Dicks" or "Chicks". If you are handicapped, add "on wheels". The walls and bathroom stalls (at least of the women's bathroom) are painted in chalkboard paint. Each stall, as well as the sink area, contains a coconut cup filled with chalk so you can decorate while you wait in line or do your business. How cool is that?

Since Minnesota restaurants are smoke free, we sat inside in the lounge. Smoking is allowed on the patio, as are your pet dogs. We ordered a couple of pizzas and a sandwich, but passed on the drink menu. I ordered a solo pizza as BBQ chicken. The other pizza was pepperoni and the sandwich was a BBQ pulled pork. Let me tell you, that BBQ sauce has a kick to it (at least to the natives). The food was really good. They have burgers, sandwiches, soup, salads, and pizzas. They even have crazy desserts like deep fried Snickers Bars and make your own S'mores. Yum!

After we ate, we checked out the patio. It was awesome! There is seating for a hundred people on the patio overlooking the Mississippi River. There are many more large tiki heads, palm frond covered umbrellas and tables, "tropical" plants, trees, and lanterns. The patio is dog friendly as well. As you leave the patio, a sign above the exit warns you "Back to Reality".

This is such a cool, fun place! The food is average priced, but the drinks are a little spendy. It has such a fun atmosphere and most of the servers have tattoos, body piercings or crazy hair. It is a fun, casual place to hang out, eat, or drink all night!
restaurant sign
tiki heads in front of restaurant
Welcome to Paradise!
sptang_90 says:
congratulation on your feature. ^_^
Posted on: Jul 07, 2011
nyprne says:
This is so cool! Congratulations on your feature, Alyssa!
Posted on: Jul 07, 2011