Sanjō-dōri, Kyoto, Japan
Pronto Café & Bar - Photo of the basil tagliatelle with shrimps and avocado

Pronto Café & Bar Kyoto Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Just average May 09, 2013
After nearly 5 weeks with fish and sea weed I had the craving for more familiar food. I happened to walk by Pronto Café & Bar and saw a very inviting photo in the window - basil tagliatelle with shrimps and avocado. This had to be tried.

Pronto Café & Bar serves italian food (pasta and pizza). To drink they serve different kind of juices, soft drinks and coffee drinks as well as strong liquor. I was a bit upset to see that they only had pepsi and no coke. You order and pay at the bar, then the food is brought to the table. It took about 5 minutes to get the food, which means that it was already made, and it did not look anything like the photo I had seen. Not at all as inviting!

When you are finished, you leave your tray at a shelf. I see why you order and pay by the bar and clean up after yourself in places that are very cheap. That´s the only way they can keep prices down, but this was not such a place. Prices were very average. My pasta dish was 780 yen or $8.

Pronto was a very average café with dark furniture, dark wooden floor and cream colored walls. The place, somehow, lacked atmosphere. Smoking was also permitted anywhere in the café, which I find quite uncomfortable.

Pronto Café & Bar made no impression on me. I will not be going back for more pasta!
Some of the menu