Promenadenhof

Promenadenhof - The biergarten

Promenadenhof Linz Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Go for their sweet stuff - you will not regret Jun 20, 2009
We arrived pretty late in Linz and just went to the hotels rooms and dropped our stuff and had agreed upon meeting in the reception 10 minutes later.

We asked the sweet girl in the reception for a good place to eat and she recommended a fish restaurant on the opposite side of Donau. She called for a taxi and we jumped in. Inside the taxi we re-decided asked the taxi driver for a good place.

He drove us to the Promenadehof which where situated next to the city theatre; from outside the place looked nice and the menu outside looked good with okay prices. Inside we got guided though the restaurant and offered some a place under a huge parasol in their garden.

The weather was great and even though it was after 9pm it was still +25 degrees Celsius. We ordered some local beers, Gösser Spezial to start support the search in the menu.

The menu was Austrian and being the end of the asparagus season I went for the Spargel Garnele, which turned out to be great. As main course I took a Promisteak, which were so tender that my eyes could cut it. We had an Austrian wine to the dinner; it was a great Cuvee impresarion Kerschberger.

With the dessert we went a little bit bonkers. The waiter recommended a Kaiser Schmarrn which was a speciality from the chef at the restaurant; it was pancakes made like scrambled eggs supported by prune jam – it was absolutely killing; huge and fantastic.
The biergarten
Promisteak
Spargel Garnele
Chokk says:
Well, Bernard - I think I know your taste by now:))
Posted on: Jun 21, 2009
bernard69 says:
thanks fot the "even":))))))))))))))
Posted on: Jun 21, 2009
Chokk says:
Bernard - I am sure even you would enjoy it:)
Posted on: Jun 20, 2009