Manchester, England

Prohibition Manchester Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Prohibition Nov 18, 2011
Prohibition is a bar in the Deansgate area of Manchester.  It has very recently been refurbished (as of November 2011) – when I went it still smelled vaguely of paint.

We went on a Friday night.  It was pretty empty when we arrived, at about 9.30, but gradually filled up.  The bar has lots of comfortable sofas with nice upholstery around the edges, and quite a large clear space in the middle.  This feels a little strange until the bar starts filling up, when people start to dance.  On the night we were there, the music started out commercial pop-hip hop, and got gradually more serious hip-hop (and then we left, because we all quite like pop hip hop but not serious hip hop).  I am not sure if this is the usual pattern or not, but it was really good fun while we stayed.

Drink prices are slightly higher than the bars I normally drink in, in Manchester, but probably about average for a pre-club crowd.  There is a good cocktail menu.  The crowd were well dressed, but not annoyingly so.  I think this is a good place to go with a crowd of friends who are up for a bit of pre-club dancing.

Check Manchester Hotel Deals