Progo Hotel

Check Bandung Hotel Deals

Progo Hotel Bandung Reviews

feline_p feline_p
Affordable and pleasant stay in Bandung Mar 06, 2011
In June 2010, I spent 3 nights and four days of my stay in Progo Hotel at Jalan Progo, Bandung. I paid a RP 275 k to RP 300k per night (please confirm the rate, because it has been quite a while ago and I can't recall the exact rate). But if you are planning to stay there, please double check the current rates. On weekends, I know the hotel rate is slightly more expensive than on weekdays, but is still considered as very reasonable and cheap.

The hotel is popular among the locals of Indonesia and tourists too. A few of the guests whom I spoke with admitted they've stayed there before and prefer to return to the hotel whenever they are in Bandung.

The room comes with breakfast for two. Aside from the usual, tea and coffee, they have free flow of bread and butter to make your own toast, and some noodles or fried rice or both to choose from. You may have to queve to wait for your turn to use the toaster, but other than that, for the price of the room, this is by far one of the few budget hotels which served a variety of food for breakfast. So, that's a merit point for Progo Hotel from me.

The room I stayed in was clean and the AC works well. The water heater in the toilet works fine and the toilet is clean too. I do not have to use toilet slippers to go into the bathroom without worrying about hygiene. There's TV in the room and the furniture in the room though old, was working fine for me. So overall, the condition of the room is A okay- in fact for a budget hotel it was better than okay, it was good!

The simple landscape at the hotel gives it a very relaxing ambiance too. Hot water is also served for the guests and is available for use anytime. So, if you feel like having your 3 in 1 coffee, you can just have it anytime.

Progo Hotel is only minutes away from the factory outlets such as Heritage and Secrets. Basically, there are really good factory outlets nearby the hotel, about 4 to 5 different outlets altogether, and the goods offered especially at the two places I mentioned earlier offer fantastic bargain for shopaholics and non shopaholics alike. So, that's definitely another merit point for Progo Hotel for its strategic location to the shopping bargains and goodies.

When talking about access to food, to the right side of the hotel is an English looking cafe which serves good Western food which are finger licking good. I can guarantee you'll be very pleased with the food that you end up coming back for more. The price of the food is unbelievably cheap. I paid merely USD2-3 for a blended ice coffee, and the desserts, though I can't quote the exact price were all truly cheap! Just walk out of the hotel, turn right and you'll see the cafe which is just a few houses away from the hotel.

Another restaurant which is right in front of the hotel serves steaks. The steak served was good, though it may not be the best. Wait till you get the bill for your steak, you are not going to stop smiling because it cost merely USD 5-7 for your steak! So, say no more and come back for more if you don't mind adding inches to your waist with all the good food you can get :).

So, overall if you are in Bandung and you are looking for a budget hotel which offers more than just a budget stay, take my word, stay in Progo Hotel. I can't say enough on what a pleasant stay it was for me to be there, as it has made my overall stay in Bandung a very pleasant one indeed. Kudos to the ever friendly and helpful staff who never get tired of smiling and greeting and even offered free tips on how to get around to places in Bandung. I truly appreciated their kind gestures for making me feel very welcomed. So, in sum, when I go for my next shopping trip in Bandung, I'd say, Progo Hotel here I come!
sumongantuk sumongan…
I got a very bad experience at this hotel !!! Sep 04, 2011
I got a very bad experience at this hotel on August 29, 2011 last. We were given a sheet which contained former menstrual stains and other bedding looks brown like never washed. I took picture of that. I tried to complain to Customer Service but the response is slow, then I called the hotel manager and he did not give a positive response, will only crack down on the problem internally.
vivien_huang vivien_h…
Fairly clean and cheap hotel.. Sep 23, 2010
The hotel is situated not far from downtown Bandung. Hotel building is quite large with a parking lot, but ancient impressed with the dim lighting ..

room rates of about 30 usd, but the room was not too comfortable. when entering the room, I smelled unpleasant (the hotel manager said, the smell of wall paint.)

I do not really recommend staying here, there are many other hotels in downtown area with the reasonable price also.
the bed