Professional Football Hall of Fame

2121 George Hallas Dr NW, Canton, OH, USA - (330) 456-8207

Professional Football Hall of Fame Canton Reviews

barduini barduini
Jul 15, 2007
I love professional football. I'd love to be able to say that the Pro Football Hall of Fame was awesome. I just can't. The Pro Football Hall of Fame was...okay. A friend and I, both of us intense football fans, went together. We agreed that we were glad we went, but that we really won't need to go back. It was interesting to learn bits about the early days of professional football, and to see the evolution of the collection of teams that now makes up the NFL. If you don't know anything about the NFL and the AFL, about the pre-Super Bowl championships, about Halas and Lombardi, then it is worthwhile. If you are already versed in the history of professional football (as we are), you may learn a few things, but it will largely seem like a collection of old shirts and cleats. I would recommend including the HOF in a larger itinerary. Perhaps a trip to the Amish country, to one of the nearby chocolate factories, to the McKinley Presidential Library, or just on your way to somewhere else. It took us about two hours to browse through the entire hall of fame, stopping to take a few pictures and reading display information. There are also NFL Films presentations, video games, and audio exhibits.

The entry fee was around $15, there is a discount coupon on the HOF website. We went on a Sunday, and the restaurant was closed, so I can't comment on that. The gift shop seemed pretty standard, and included jerseys, hats and the like for both the HOF and individual players/teams.
Pro Football Hall of Fame
missandrea81 says:
I meant if YOU didn't like it. Sorry.
missandrea81 says:
Well, if didn't like, I sure as hell won't. ;)
hdichter says:
isn't that always the case, when you know a lot about something, the museum is a bit of a letdown? still, that's cool you went.
Posted on: Jul 24, 2007
bkretzer bkretzer
A Must See of an NFL Fam Aug 29, 2006
If you are a big NFL fan a pilgrimage to the Pro Football Hall of Fame has to be on your own personal bucket list. It was on mine. The Pro Football Hall of Fame is a museum dedicated to pro football (obviously) and the best to ever play or be associated with the game. Housed in one of the ugliest buildings ever designed, The Hall has several parts. The most revered is the Hall of Fame Gallery. This is the area of The Hall that has the bronze busts of those people chosen to be inducted are displayed. Other areas include The Hall of Fans, where the real crazies in the stands have earned a spot, a theater, Teams of the NFL (an area dedicated to each individual NFL team), interactive areas for kids (Interactive Exhibit Gallery), where the young and not so young can test the accuracy of their arm, an interactive Trivia game, where you can compete against fellow patrons, and many more. Each turn offers something new and different for the NFL fan.

The big event each year is Enshrinement Week, culminating in the induction of the newest members. Good tickets to these events are hard to come by. But if you order in advance you usually get something. Any other day is a breeze. Crowds are lightest during the week.

The Hall currently occupies five buildings and over 82,000 square feet. Depending on you interest in the sport you can spend a half hour to a full day. Admission is $18.00 for adults and is open 9 to 5 everyday, except Christmas.
Pro Football Hall of Fame
WonderDog says:
It looks like an Orange Juicer. The architect should have had his easle taken away. Thanks for the smile and comment!
sylviandavid says:
Bill.... are you certain it is the ugliest building?... I love that.... Sylvia

Related Travel Blogs About Professional Football Hall of Fame

Professional Football Hall of Fame
M & I have been saying for years (not hyperbole) that we had to go to the Football Hall of Fame. How do you live in Ohio for 8 years and not visit the HOF? It would be a travesty. And it's not li…M & I have been saying for years (not hyperbole) that we had to go to the Football Hall of…

Check Canton Hotel Deals