Proeverij de Koekfabriek

188 Westzijde, Zaandam, Netherlands

Proeverij de Koekfabriek Zaandam Reviews

New experience Mar 26, 2014
New experience

This restaurant wasn't my idea , because I didn't know its existence. My first opinion about this restaurant was that it would have nice small meals and you may eat all you want. The fact is, this is a sort of all you can eat restaurant, but you will get something culinarily and you have to order want you want instead of walking to a buffet table. When I came there, I found out that there wouldn't be sun on the terrace ever. The inside was decorated very well. It was big, so there were a lot of tables to serve. They did serve fast, but not fast enough to eat all you want or can. You can't pre-order or order constantly. The menu was to big to eat all while not getting stuffed anyway. You do can order fries, salad and bread as many times as you want.

At first i took some bread, which was really tasteful. What was weird, was that you have to put the butter on the bread with a spoon. Huh I wanted the tomato soup, it on a small plate, but you'll have enough if you know that you can order more for the same price. The soup was very thick, which I like, it was a little spicy, but sweet and creamy at the same time. Carpaccio had not much taste and more people from my group said that they had tasted a better one somewhere else. With the fries you'll only get a very small tray with mayonnaise (not even an inch) and you have to share it to. I had goat cheese en croûte, but it's actually not 'en croûte' because that means that the goat cheese will be in dough or a layer of dough, and it was just dipped in a sort of bread-crumbs. It was to small in my opinion and I expected something more spectacular then just a small hamburger like cheese. With the 'taco', you won't get a shell. It's not bad, because the chips you do get (from Doritos) are very tasteful and spicy. Also the meat is very spicy, but not to hot and that's good. I didn't have enough chips though. The tiramisu was great! I loved it.

Now I'm talking about the toilet, I actually don't want to do this. But I was pretty annoyed by the toilets I this restaurant. They were a mess. It wasn't clean, toilet paper was all over the place; on the floor and in the sink, there was no mirror and no bags for women when they are in their period, the trash can was full and there was a boring color and the bricks on the wall and floor where broken. I never felt so not welcome in a toilet.
Tom khai khai soup (chickensoup)
Goat cheese en croute