Princess Terrace Pub & Restaurant

02 860 3700

Princess Terrace Pub & Restaurant Bangkok Reviews

sherrybaby86 sherryba…
Fine dining on the rivers edge! Oct 02, 2011
I went to this restaurant once, when my family from Finland was visiting in Bangkok. They were staying at the Millenium Hilton, and this restaurant was recommended by one of the staff at the hotel. If you didnt know it was here, it would be unlikely that you would stumble across it, as it is down back roads.

My aunt is in a wheel chair, and upon arrival, staff at the restaurant were quick to help, although my uncle preferred to do it all. They had ramps which made it very accessible to her. We arrived by taxi, but you can also catch a river taxi/boat to their private pier. Staff continued to be very attentive throughout the night, and never let our glasses go empty. They also spoke excellent English.

There was a live band playing inside, but it was very loud so we opted to sit outside near the water, right on the edge of the Chao Phraya River. Great views of the city lights and boats and ferries going past. There were also little boats coming past selling fruit, veggies, rice and other goods to the locals. We came during the week, without a reservation, but it was pretty full with limited tables available. If you were to come on a weekend, I would suggest booking in advance.

They have a wide selection on the menu - Western meals, Thai, Japanese and Italian - just to name a few. I am always very scared to try western meals as they never seem to cook the meat properly, but this time, I chose Spaghetti Carbonara, and it was amazing! The pasta was cooked to perfection, and it was just how it should have been! My cousin tried the Sushi, and she also said how delicious it was. For dessert I had a chocolate almond cake, and it was very rich and yummy! Definitely recommend that one! I was surprised at the prices, expecting them to be alot higher than what they actually were. We had wine for the table also - I dont remember the price per bottle, but it seemed reasonable.

As in most places in Bangkok, kitchen staff have a problem getting meals out together, so we had to wait about 5 minutes between them serving everyones meals. But as the Thai's say: "mai pen rai" = no worries.

For a restaurant on the rivers edge with great views, it was very reasonably priced, and if it didnt take me an hour in a taxi from Sukhumvit, I would come here more often :)

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals