Prince Michel Vineyard & Winery

154 Winery Lane, Leon, VA, USA

Prince Michel Vineyard & Winery Leon Reviews

HuBison HuBison
A variety of wines for the skeptical pallet Sep 19, 2010
I happended to run across this place as I was driving from Massanutten back to DC. You walk in and are greeted by wonderfully warm people. There is a circular standing bar where they have 3 lists for tastings. The woman took the time to ask me about my tastes before just going down the list and having me taste whatever was on there.

I am partial to sweeter wines; everyone's a wine connosiour, right? They have a nice rose wine, peach, blackberry, and a lovely port (among other choices). I surely didn't expect to go in there and come out with 8 bottles of wine! And of course, I had to buy a glass (that was only $2.50); I wanted a wine stopper, but wasn't going to pay $16 for a glass one. They had a small selection of picnic baskets, and I really, really wanted one, but didn't want to pay $55 and if I did-cause I can be easily influenced-I don't really have anywhere to store it at home.

Bottles range from $13 for a peach or rose to $49 for port. I came home and perused the website and saw that they have rentable suites; I could be persuaded to go out there and spend the weekend. If you come across this winery, I am sure you will be pleased. Enjoy!

Compare Culpeper Hotel Rates (13km away)

Prince Michel Vineyard & Winery Map