Primanti Brothers

3847 Northern Pike, Monroeville, PA, USA

Primanti Brothers Monroeville Reviews

Andy99 Andy99
Locally Famous, but... May 25, 2012
Primanti Brothers is a famous sandwich shop and sports bar in the Pittsburgh region. Primanti's has been in business since 1933 selling its signature Primanti Sandwich. The sandwiches come with different meat fillings, but they are distinctive in that French fries are placed inside the sandwich.

And so, we came to the suburban Monroeville location to check out this Pittsburgh tradition. I ordered a Kolbassi Sandwich (kielbasa) and Susan a Corned Beef Sandwich. We both ordered a side salad as well. (I couldn't imagine eating a sandwich with French fries actually in it, so asked for the fries on the side, an option.) The sandwich bread is very thickly sliced, almost an inch thick I'd say! It was not toasted and was rather tasteless, I thought. In the end, I just ate the kielbasa meat and cheese and sauerkraut filling but not the bread. I have to say I did not care for the French fries either. I found the best thing about this meal was the tossed side salad, which was quite good.

Maybe Primanti Brothers is an acquired taste. They also have salads, burgers, chicken wings, and pizza on the menu.
Primanti Brothers