Visalia, California Visalia Reviews

X_Drive X_Drive
Apr 02, 2007
This is a major warning. If you use or any other reservation booking company to help get rooms, travel, or whatever, make sure you read the details and all of the fine print and then do not change anything.

I recently had to change a reservation due to weather and add a day on the beginning end of a weeks stay in Reno. I had my confirmation number and did a logical thing, placed another reservation, which included the extra night and then called to cancel the previous one. The representative was not at all congenial or bendable. By doing the change it cost me a major $$$ penalty plus one nights room rate. I could have just called the hotel and added a top-of-the-line suite for what this cost me.

I strongly urge all TravBuddy members to be super careful in setting reservations with these companies, and never, never, never change them once made.
Vikram says:
Totally agree, I never use them. Typically, when these 3rd party websites offer you a good deal, if you chck the actual company's website (airline or car rental or hotel), you'll find them offering the same good rate directly on their website. Priceline esp is notorious for getting things wrong. Many Yanks who live in the Arkansas/Oklahoma area that fly AA through DFW to London have booked Priceline and Priceline always gets their reservations wrong. I find tons of stranded Midwesterners in our DFW airport thanks to stupid Priceline! :-(
Posted on: Apr 04, 2007
londonstudent says:
Thanks for the warning - I'll be extra careful when I use Priceline!
Posted on: Apr 03, 2007
Amanda says:
Roger - I'm so sorry that happened to you my friend!! I also have to add, however, that while you are 100% right - it's so important to understand the rules - IF YOU DO, Priceline can be FANTASTIC!! I have gotten amazing deals on Priceline, and would not have been able to do quite a bit of my travel without it. From $11 a day rental cars in LA, to $60 nights in 5 star hotels in Bangkok, to $300 R/T tickets Phoenix to Manchester... they've been great many times - but sometimes they just DON'T have a good price to offer; so the other important thing is DO YOUR HOMEWORK EVERYTIME FIRST!! Get onto Kayak, Orbitz, the individual sites... all of them! ONLY THEN should you get on to Priceline and see if they can beat the deal by enough to make it worth it to you - if not - try again for the NEXT trip!
Posted on: Apr 02, 2007