Pret A Manger

www.pret.com/us - (312) 546-8270

Pret A Manger Chicago Reviews

AniaKrysia123 AniaKrys…
Affordable, Organic & Delicious Jun 05, 2011
I eat at Pret almost every day for several reasons.

One, well it's convenient as my job is right next to it, but there are also other places to eat yet Pret is my favorite.

Two, very affordable. Every morning I get their freshly squeezed grapefruit juice. Sometimes, I get their energy bagel, which is one of the best tasting bagels I ever had. Also, they make their own bread!!! Their baquette are very good and crunchy. I love their roasted red pepper and egg sandwich. Oh, and their coffee is also very good and they roast it themselves, so it's guaranteed fresh.

Three, it's a quick grab-n-go. All their food is already prepared (the same day) and it's out on the shelves with a description, ingredients and how many calories it has. Definitely a gread place for the health conscious.

What I love about the restaurant is that at the end of the day they don't save the food to serve next day; they donate to the homeless.

Here is what they vow:

* We never use artificial flavors, artificial colors or artificial sweeteners. The only reason anyone does is to make something taste like something it isn't (not to mention, it's a heck of a lot cheaper).

* We serve organic milk, oatmeal, coffee, tea, chocolate and popcorn and will continue to add to the list. Organic food is grown without chemical fertilizers, herbicides, insecticides or other toxic junk. Organic farming protects the environment and encourages sustainable farming practices.

* Our chicken, turkey, beef and ham are never processed more than they have to be. It's shocking what large producers are permitted to do (you really don't want to know). We buy directly from small cooperatives and family-run farmers like Murray's, Earthbound Farm and Niman Ranch, who share our beliefs. They never give their animals antibiotics or hormones, feed them only a vegetarian diet free of animal by-products and care about them and the environment in which they live.

* Pret breads are free of artificial coloring and flavoring. We only use flour that hasn't been bleached or bromated. Our signature bread is a mix of whole wheat, bulgur wheat, buckwheat, baby oats, rye, flax and sunflower seeds.

In the United Kingdom, United States and Hong Kong, Pret donates over 1.7 million products to charities working with the hungry every year. In the U.S., all of our shops donate food to local charities working with the hungry.

Oh, I almost forgot- I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEIR BROWNIES ;-)

Check Chicago Hotel Deals