Presque Isle State Park

301 Peninsula Dr # 1, Erie, PA, USA

Presque Isle State Park Erie Reviews

TravellingAuntie Travelli…
Beautiful coastline, sandy beaches, great facilities Jul 19, 2009
Presque Isle State Park in Erie is a great place to spend a day, weekend, or longer vacation. This 3,200 acre peninsula extends into Lake Erie from the town of Erie, PA.

It offers many activities, with 14 miles of trails for roller blading or biking, nine different beach areas, a marine and boat rental center, bike rental facilities, scuba diving areas, and winter sports such as cross country skiing & snowshoeing trails with equipment available for rent, and ice fishing.

It is also one of the best bird watching locations in the US, with a number of endangered and rare species.

Many organizations host events at the Park throughout the year, such as the Erie Runners Club races, scenic boat tours, public educational programs, and various kite-flying events.

TravellingAuntie says:
Erie is rather dreary, but so is most of the Northeast! Presque Isle is gorgeous. (have to admit it was dreary the day we were there, as you can see in the pics)
Posted on: Apr 29, 2010
vances says:
dang - grew up in PA (Lancaster) but never heard of this place. Struck a chord because I'm familiar w/Presque Island, ME.

Have to confess I've never been to Erie --- probably prejudiced since my only notion is a childhood saying ---> "drearie Erie, the mistake on the lake"... :^(
Posted on: Apr 29, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Presque Isle State Park

Erie Runners Club at Presque Isle State Park
My second half marathon was in Erie, Pennsylvania, which is a few hours drive from Cleveland.  Since all my family is in Cleveland, I go there often and combined this marathon with the endi…Erie, which is under 300,000 people.      The Presque Isle State Park turned out to be as beautiful…
A little bit of Erie PA
      Erie is the largest city near to my town so I figured I'd post a blog to show off a little of what it has. From Wikipedia: Erie is a major industrial city on the shore of…Presque Isle State Park, for water recreation, and a new casino named for the state park is growing in popularity. Erie

Check Erie Hotel Deals