President Abraham Lincoln Hotel & Confernece Center

President Abraham Lincoln Hotel & Confernece Center Rates and Deals

President Abraham Lincoln Hotel & Confernece Center Springfield Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Not worth the location. Jun 22, 2013
This hotel was an extreme disappointment in that it did not live up to my expectations. First of all, I was staying here only because it was the hotel provided for me, I was in Springfield for job training. The President Abraham Lincoln Hotel is located near downtown, on Adams Street. But, even being familiar with Springfield, it was a little tricky to find, what with the one-way streets and the fact that Adams Street is divided by the Old State Capitol property. Plus, the address of the hotel is Adams Street, but the entrance is on 7th. Something that might help, is the fact that it is across the street from the Hilton, the only skyscraper in Springfield.

When I got inside to get checked in, I was greeted by a friendly staff member who quickly got me registered and my room key. She directed me to the neighboring garage, where I could park. There is a daily rate of $7. My room was on the 8th floor of 12. Throughout the hotel is artwork of the hotel's namesake, President Abraham Lincoln. The hotel is beautiful, if you're looking for the aesthetic appeal. The room did not have the typical drab hotel colorings of muted tones, but deep, rich red and black and white offset with tan. King-size bed, flatscreen tv, a desk, and a nice chair were in the room. The room was chilly when I got in, and despite turning the heat up to 74, it never did get warm. (I was here in January when the outside temperature was 25 degrees). On top of that, when I took a shower, all I could get was slightly warmer than lukewarm water, so when I got out, my teeth were chattering! NOT how I wanted to start my morning. At least there was decent water pressure. And, by the way, it was just a shower, not a tub.

I think like most any other traveler, the one thing I judge the most in a hotel is the bed. This one was just okay. A little firmer than what I would have liked, but the pillows definitely sucked. I had to stack three of the four to even fall asleep. Plus, the place was not soundproof. I could hear noise in the hallway, what seemed to be furniture moving above me, and my neighbor's morning music. Needless to say, I didn't have the best night's sleep.

Room service is available, as was an on-site restaurant, but I didn't partake in either of those. And, no complementary breakfast in the morning. Since I was staying in a room reserved in a block, I was quoted the corporate price of $70, but the advertised nightly rate is $125. Even at the $70 rate, I don't think this hotel was worth it. I've had much better stays at budget motels. I definitely would have been upset if I'd paid the $125. My recommendation: stay somewhere else.
Abraham Lincoln artwork
the bathroom counter
the shower
missandrea81 says:
It's always disappointing my hotels can't accommodate parking for their customers. It's a shame.
Posted on: Jun 23, 2013

President Abraham Lincoln Hotel & Confernece Center Overview

With its central location, President Abraham Lincoln Hotel And Conference Center is within easy reach of most tourist attractions and business addresses in Springfield (IL). All hotel's guestrooms have all the conveniences expected in a hotel in its class to suit guests' utmost comforts. In-room facilities include air conditioning, inhouse movies, hair dryer, internet access, ironing board, satellite/cable TV. Hotel facilities offered at this Springfield (IL) accommodation include shops, meeting facilities , restaurant, disabled facilities, valet parking, WiFi , car park. For guests to unwind, the hotel offers a variety of facilities and services including indoor pool , gym. Along with its convenient location in Springfield (IL), the hotel also offers a wide range of services and facilities to the guests. The hotel provides a warm and welcoming service of international standard. Please complete the secure online booking form by entering your period of stay.

President Abraham Lincoln Hotel & Confernece Center Amenities

• Exhibit Space
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Steam Room
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Spa/Jetted Tub