Prepaid SIM card Indonesia

Bali, Indonesia

Prepaid SIM card Indonesia Bali Reviews

Kurisu Kurisu
Telkomsel simPATI prepaid SIM card May 18, 2011
I like to use my iPhone's internet capabilities when I'm traveling.

So I usually buy a local prepaid 3G SIM card with data plan.

After using PCCW and 3 in Hongkong, DiGi in Malaysia, Starhub in Singapore and AIS in Thailand, the Telkomsel simPATI prepaid SIM card was my card of choice when I went to Bali.

Prepaid SIM cards are said to be very cheap in Bali. That is, as long as you don't need 3G internet with some data included.

So this card was quite expensive. I paid 246.000 Rp. which is about 20 Euro.

This included a data package of 250MB and enough talking time and SMS for one week.

Well, in Bali everybody wants to rip you off for everything, but since I checked the phone companies websites before and due to the fact that I bought the card at a big electronic store at a shopping mall I think the price is just that high because of the included internet data.

This was the first SIM card to require manual setting of APN data to access the mobile internet.

All my other cards just work right away without configuration. But since the guy at the store set everything, it was no big deal and it finally worked.

Internet access wasn't exactly satisfying. Sometimes I just couldn't get online on the 3G network, so sometimes I switched off 3G and used EDGE or GPRS. In some cases there was no internet available at all. Worst SIM card ever haha :P

Well, however, it has to be said that Internet in Bali sucks in general most of the time, so maybe it's not the SIM cards fault but the internet connection of the island itself.

I'm not sure if SIM cards of different company will perform better.

Check Bali Hotel Deals