Premier Inn Newquay (Quintrell Downs)

South Way, Newquay, United Kingdom
0871 527 8818

Check Newquay Hotel Deals

Premier Inn Newquay (Quintrell Downs) Reviews

GeorgeLeach GeorgeLe…
Not good Aug 21, 2012
I'm currently here as I write this. The hotel's one redeeming feature is its staff, which are excellent. Unfortunately the rest isn't great. It's way overpriced for a Premier Inn (my company are paying so to me its not a problem but I wouldn't foot the cost personally) and having to pay an extra £3 for wi-fi in your room is, to me in 2012, pretty poor (although it is free in the rest of the hotel). Not least when it gets connection errors.

First night wasn't good as the humming noise from the mobile freezer outside kept waking me up and then the staff were unable to refund the night back to my company in spite of the claim that they will if you don't have a good night's sleep (I don't call waking up seven times a good nights sleep!) and I had to ask to move rooms.

The meal-deal in the resturant, while cheaper, is pretty naff as you just get left with the options nobody wants to eat or drink and the food itself is pretty much the same standard as a Harvester. The house red is pretty rubbish aswell. Unusual as pretty much everywhere has an okay house wine.

There are also no amenities, not even so much as a phone for reception, in spite of it being staffed 24/7. No room service is available and there is little more than a kettle and hairdryer. Not even soap in the bathroom (glad I brought my own).

Location isn't bad but I wouldn't stay here again out of choice. It's a business trip book externally so I can't pick but, dear reader, I would not recommend this to you unless you have low standards and like paying over the odds for accommodation. While I accept Premier Inn's are a chain brand made to a certain standard, I've been in better ones than this. I bet Lenny Henry never had to stay at the Quintrell Downs one!

Check Newquay Hotel Deals