Premier Inn City South Cardiff

Premier Inn City South Cardiff Rates and Deals

Premier Inn City South Cardiff Reviews

SamsTravels SamsTrav…
For £29.00 per night, I was more than happy!! Jan 10, 2011
Premier Inns are marketed as a budget hotel chain, having said that I have used there hotels at many locations in UK and found them mostly good to very good and very reasonable priced.

My stay in Cardiff South was excellent and only cost £29.00 per night which I thought was a bargain for the UK!! The reception staff members at ocean park Premier inn was very helpful and friendly and explained all the hotels policies etc, (I.E. the goodnight sleep policy comes to mind).

The reception area has got printed maps of Cardiff city centre. I thought that the maps were a nice customer friendly touch and were a helpful addition to the hotel, well done reception!!

Luckily for us this Premier Inn had a Brewers Fayre pub/restaurant on site which was extremely handy for pre outing drinks etc! Although offering a very reasonable 2 main meals for £10 in the evenings for dinner, their all you can eat buffet breakfast (both offering continental and fully cooked English) was completely overpriced at £7.99 per head. We went into Cardiff town were you can get a full large English breakfast for between £4 - £6 per person.

The room itself was clean and tidy and very comfortable and bathroom was spotless!! Premier Inn are now using the all in one shower/shampoo gloop that dispensed from a container overhanging the bath on the wall. This was a shame as I feel that having the mini soaps, gels and shampoo/conditioners gave the chain a more luxurious feel, plus for all us canny travellers out there it was a great way to stock up on mini bathroom essentials for FREE!! Overall the hotel was to my mind a credit to the hard working staff and a pleasure to stay at.

The hotels location was perfect. It was not directly in the towns centre but certainly took no longer than 5/10 minutes to walk to both the city centre itself and the train station. The only gripe that I do have is that the hotel is located in some what of a recognised “dodgyish” end of town by locals IE; if you male and walking to city centre at night you may find yourself being approached by Crafiff’s ladies of the night standing by the railway bridge which links the hotel to the town. That said they do not hassle they just ask if you want business. We walked by and were not hassled. To add we were told my a local taxi driver that it isn’t the safest of places for women to walk alone were the local prostitutes linger, how true this is I couldn’t say!

Although not really a huge gripe it did taint our overall experience of the hotel and felt it was a bit of a downer to have this on a public street in a capital city near a good quality hotel, Ho hum such is life. But overall the hotel is great the staff are great and food is good I would stay again and recommend.

FYI: This hotel is not always £29 per night only I believe between dec - jan.

Premier Inn City South Cardiff Overview

Discover all that Cardiff has to offer with Premier Inn Cardiff City South as a base. All hotel's guestrooms have all the conveniences expected in a hotel in its class to suit guests' utmost comforts. The guestrooms are equipped with non smoking rooms, desk, hair dryer, television, shower, separate shower and tub. The amenities and services offered at this Cardiff accommodation include 24hr room service, shops, bar/pub, restaurant, disabled facilities, business center. These top-class facilities are complemented to excellent services to meet the needs of visitors to Cardiff. To book a room easily at the Premier Inn Cardiff City South, please submit your travel dates and proceed with our secure online booking form.

Premier Inn City South Amenities