Preluna Hotel & Spa

Preluna Hotel & Spa Rates and Deals

Preluna Hotel & Spa Sliema Reviews

Ils1976 Ils1976
not suited for people in a happy mood Apr 26, 2014
The hotel itself is ideally located, there is just no doubt about that. It is situated at the Sliema seafront with a view on the beautiful promenade, which leads you automatically from Sliema to St. Julian’s, another vibrant sea side town.

Upon our arrival, we were welcomed with a friendly smile by one of the older staff and this alone was quite a surprise to me considering it was close to midnight when we arrived. Most of the time, people are quite grumpy at late hours, but this friendly person proved the opposite and with a relax feeling we reached our designated room on the 8th floor.

The room itself is very basic, not that I mind one bit, but for a 4 star hotel, I must admit that I expected a little more!

Since I was the third person in the room, I was the „lucky” one with a foldable bed, with a mind of its own! When I wanted to try out my bed, it disagreed with me and just smacked me against the ground. It seemed that one of the legs of the bed weren’t put up in the right position, but from that moment on I was convinced that my little bed was possessed!

To make sure that nothing like that happened again, I just said nice words to it whenever I went to sleep … this was definitely the first sign of how crazy a person can be! :)

Besides a „demon” bed, the rest of the room was spacious enough for 3 people, the furniture was quite old though, but the bathroom was recently renovated with a fresh new look.

The hotel itself is very big and consists out of 2 buildings a new one and an old one. At first glance I thought we were situated in the older part of the hotel, but during the week we slowly got the feeling we were in the new part and I sincerely hope that one day they are going to renovate the place coz it really needs a bit more than just a splash of paint.

When we arrived at the hotel, it wasn’t the tourist season yet and this meant that prices were a bit lower for drinks, which of course is a good thing, on the other hand, it also meant that nothing was open. The outside pool was still being renovated, the spa wasn’t functional, the pool on the roof was empty … and so on and so on.

Foodwise, I can only say that breakfast was more than sufficient and even at dinner they also tried to do their best. It was always in buffet style and I was glad to see that I found something to my liking. It wasn’t the best food I have ever eaten, but it kept me through the day and even onwards to the following day so … no worries here.

The staf however was a quite different story. Although the first one we met was quite friendly, most of the people in the hotel had a grumpy look and weren’t all that friendly. I don’t know what was going on, but it seemed that they weren’t all that happy to be there in the first place. Oh well, maybe they were in search of their happy face and I can only hope that they will find it again with the beginning of the tourist season.

Hotel Preluna & Spa is ideally situated for day trips throughout the island with the local busstop just across the street, but that’s about it. This is not a hotel that I would suggest to anyone, not even when they find there happy face again!
reception area
part of the beds
another view on the beds
coffee and tea maker ... missing t…
Ils1976 says:
Thanks so much you guys for your friendly comments! :D
gingerbatik says:
congrats Ils, great read:)
cotton_foam says:
Congrats, Ils!! I knew it!! The other hotel review is a featured material too!! :)
henrirouw henrirouw
A friendly hotel on the coast Aug 21, 2011
A good hotel ( I had a 2 person bedroom + extra bed for a child with balcony on the 2nd floor) for a start to the island Malta; its on the coast road with his own swimming pool on the seaside. Connection for taxi and public transport is near.The data the hotel gave seems to be outdated. The cleaning is a little under average. The food -we had breakfast and dinner - was far above the medium. The plus points makes it to say I will go back to that hotel.
View from the beach club of hote…
stiancf stiancf
Friendly and clean with perfect location. Sep 01, 2011
Clean and friendly hotel with the perfect location. The hotel has good breakfast and good service. Free wi-fi and some nice relaxing areas. There are 4-5 restaurants in the hotel and a lovely one with a great view on the top floor. There is a big lido across the road and a big supermarked within 2-3 minutes walk. it is also a short walk to the sliema-valetta ferry. Would stay here again.

Preluna Hotel & Spa Overview

Situated in the heart of Sliema, the Preluna Hotel & Spa is within an easy walk from Bisazza. The hotel enjoys a beachfront location. Guests will be able to enjoy the seclusion and privacy of the hotel's private beach.

The Preluna Hotel & Spa offers a convenient 24-hour reception as well as a steam room, an outdoor pool and a golf course for the guests. Wellness facilities include a jacuzzi, a sauna and a beauty centre, and a relaxing massage session can be requested. In addition to conference room(s) and a concierge, the hotel also offers a day spa, a business centre and a kids pool.

If you're travelling with a family in tow, the Preluna Hotel & Spa offers sizeable rooms geared towards the requirements of families and kids. Rooms include kitchens equipped with tea and coffee making facilities and a coffee maker. All air-conditioned rooms have a private bathroom with shower, towels and hair dryer.

Guests wishing to socialise can take advantage of the Preluna Hotel & Spa's bar, located on-site for your convenience. Guests can order room service 24/7. Guests will find a wide variety of cafés and restaurants nearby.

Auberge de Castille, Casa Rocca Piccola and Carmelite Church are within easy driving distance of the Preluna Hotel & Spa. Manoel Theatre, National Museum of Fine Arts and National Museum of Archaeology can be reached with a 20 minute drive. Guests can find a news stand, a beauty salon and a gift shop within the hotel building.

Preluna Hotel & Spa Amenities

• Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Beauty Salon
  • Body Treatments
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels