Praia Branca, Guaruja, Sao Paulo

Guaruja, Brazil

Praia Branca, Guaruja, Sao Paulo Reviews

jesa145 jesa145
Back to Basic with a gorgeous view Jan 19, 2012
Well, this place is popular with tourist yet it's beauty remains. It's situated at a far corner on the Island of Guaruja and it's only accesible by boat from Bertioga or by a fairly easy trail through the hills.

Called Praia Branca or White Beach, this place reminds me much of a certain Island in malaysia that I use to frequent. If you expect to find hotels here to stay, I'm afraid you'll be dissapointed. This place is for the roughing it out kind of crowd. What you can expect to find are pousadas and basic chalets and camping grounds. Operators there are locals and if you're a hippy at heart.. you'll feel comfortable here.

We made a day trip here, arriving around midday and leaving as the sun was setting. The view. MAGNIFICENT! The water. EXCELLENT (but watch out for strong currents).The sand. WHITE.

Arriving there, the tide was somewhat low so we managed to walk to this little island just across. You can try to swim if you are the daring type to jump off the rocks but again.. the currents are strong as it is the open ocean. If you love the beach and looking for a place to hide out for a few days when visiting Brazil, I would recommend you spending 2 or 3 days here in Praia Brance just to get away from it all. The overall pricing is rather affordable off peak, which means after carnival right through to November. December to Carnival are peak months as it's the summer holidays here. We enquired from one of the boat guys and he says.. Now the price is 200 reais per person but if you come after carnival it's 60 reais per couple. The boat from Bertioga is about 20 reais per person one way but I guess that changes too during off season.
Praia Branca or White Beach
Aimig to walk across to the little…
Upon closer inspection we see a li…
playing close to shore