Prague Zoo

Prague, Czech Republic

Prague Zoo Reviews

NikiiB NikiiB
One of the best zoos in EU Feb 24, 2015
Prague zoo is such a lovely place to visit. Public transport takes you there. The entrance is not pricey at all and I feel like I should have donated more money. The place is huge and you really need to spend the whole day to appreciate the hard work the zookeepers have put in. The cages looked clean and the exhibits are awesome. I’m sure Prague zoo is top 10 in the world after spending an entire day. Best time to come, I think, is spring. But, anytime spent here is worth it. Highly recommended with family or friends.
bligor bligor
Prague animal kingdom Jan 06, 2013
Prague zoo is a jewel of this town and it is a place to spend the entire day with a lot of beautiful animals. You get there with bus line 112 which drops you at the entrance of the zoo. Entrance ticket is cheap and it is money well spent. I was visiting it in January but with very sunny weather so double the pleasure. I think the best time to visit the zoo is in spring or early summer when all the animals are outside there exhibits. Exhibits are phenomenal and truly portray animal's natural habitat. There are a lot of pavilions with different themes. There are two exhibits in construction for elephants and hippos which should be open on spring of 2013. One interesting thing is that there are vending machines with "golden" coins scattered all over the zoo, which portray different animals from the zoo. For me the most interesting habitats were those of polar bears and lions. So if you catch a nice sunny day visit the zoo where you will have a great time.
James1985 James1985
THE best zoo ever! Jun 04, 2008
This zoo,well what can i say.It was huge,on two levels and you could actually get a ski lift up to the higher level.Amazing!

In 2002 i think it said the zoo had some severe flooding and it has comeback amazingly,this zoo is easily the best zoo i have ever been too.It had everything.

One of the exhibits we did find good/bad was the indonesian jungle one.You go inside and they have gibbons on islands in water and orang utans.Which felt like you were with them in their enclosure.Then as we walked through into the nocturnal bit i jumped abit when i saw a shadow fly past me.It was a bat.AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.Then i thought we had walked into a bad cage.So i told stacey to hold on to her hair as we ran screaming through the enclosure and out the door.Then we realised that it was part of the exhibit that you walk in with free flying bats(fuck that!excuse my language but i was that scared).We had entered another bit with monkeys and just as we thought we were safe and were about to walk out the door there a bat flew off the wall and straight at us.Brilliantly scary,especially me running round like a little girl.
stacey0204 stacey02…
Prague Zoo Jun 04, 2008
Prague zoo is in the top 10 best zoos in the world and so it should, its brilliant. The zoo is set over two areas, the bottom area of the zoo accomodates most of the big cats, a wide variety of birds, elephants, hippos, rhinos there is also a savannah area that has a mixture of giraffes, zebras and wilderbeast which is what would be seen in there natural habitats. On the upper level of the zoo, which can either be reached by walking or by a cable cart, there are polar bears, aligators, penguins and there is a indoor area where the nocturnal animals can be found, beware though there are bats flying free in here! I can tell you there was a little bit of running through these parts!!

This zoo overall is a definite most when visiting Prague, its great value and can be an all day trip.

Related Travel Blogs About Prague Zoo

Founded by the Germans,who named it San Diego, which of course is german for a whales vagina!
DAY 1 Our first full day of our trip involved travel, great! We had already decided not to stay in Los Angeles for any longer than we needed to, everyone we knew had basically told us not to hang ar…zoo ive been to after Prague zoo,but that will take some beating.We spent around 5 hours at the zoo then…
Parents- Day 6- Washout! and Day 7- Departure Day
Rain!  And not just a little.  It was coming down pretty hard.  My parents last full day in Beijing and we couldn’t do much of anything.  The Zoo is mostly outdoors, and while w…Zoo is mostly outdoors, and while we’d done the Prague Zoo in the rain, it wasn’t a steady…
Prague, Part 2
I begin this blog with a story of New Year's revelations.  After texting with Brad, and getting dressed up, I took the tram from Postovka and made my way to Old Town Square.  After waiting …Prague Zoo.  I had a really good time once I got there, but it was one heck of a trip…

Check Prague Hotel Deals