Poutine Lafleur

(514) 761-0711

Poutine Lafleur Verdun Reviews

da1jonty da1jonty
Poutine lover's mecca outside of downtown Montreal Nov 05, 2011
To reward myself after having an awesome Halloween party, I decided to go to a place that yelp.com recommended as having poutine that nears the quality of the stuff that the famed La Banquise makes.

And it was right next to Time Pizza where I had poutine previously (see my review).

So, in I went and focussed on their poutine menu choices: it was more extensive than Time Pizza's but not dizzyingly so (which is the case at La Banquise!).

Again, despite being tempted to try a variant of poutine, I just decided to compare apples to apples, i.e. I ordered poutine standard, on a petite size. It was also served in a round styrofoam cup (if I had opted for grande, I think it was served in a stiff aluminium container).

This time round, the cheese curds were larger and irregularly shaped - their taste was stronger and more flavourful than the ones I tasted at Time Pizza's poutine. The fries however were kinda old, you know, the ones that are reheated instead of freshly fried... so it was a mixed bag.

Still the overall flavour was good, better than what I had a Time Pizza.

Summary: if you're at Wellington Street and looking for poutine, choose Poutine Lafleur over Time Pizza.

Compare Montreal Hotel Rates (5.7km away)

photo by: penxor