Postrio

545 Post Street, San Francisco, CA, USA
www.postrio.com - 415-776-7825
Postrio - Eric at lunch
Postrio - baby back ribs and sweet potatoe salad
Postrio - Eric's beautiful pizza
Postrio - The shot from out front
Postrio - Welcome
Postrio - Welcome

Postrio San Francisco Reviews

williamsworld williams…
Great Gourmet Pizza and more Jun 11, 2012
Breakfast, lunch or dinner, I don’t think you will be disappointed with this place. Having stayed at the hotel attached to the restaurant, one can get a little weary wondering if it will meet expectations. You don’t have to worry about this place. The food, service and atmosphere are all wonderful. The lunch menu is quite nice, not overwhelming as some places can be. They stick to a few items and do them well. One of the main things the restaurant is known for is their fire roasted pizzas. My friend Eric indulged in that while I took on the ribs. Can’t say anything was bad.

The meal is served with complimentary olive bread. It is a nice starter and gets you hungry for the food to come. The old original tile floors, windows to the street and small bistro type tables made lunch seem more than just eating, but dinning. There was really no rush to get food out so we were able to enjoy our appetizer and our conversation. I like it when waiters leave you alone and let you enjoy the company you are with. The restaurant is easy to find, parking is near and a short walk to Union Square is a perfect way to enjoy and afternoon.
Welcome
The shot from out front
Eric at lunch
Eric's beautiful pizza
poohstanggt poohstan…
Another Wolfgang Success Dec 13, 2007
Postrio is Wolfgang Puck's notable restaurant in the Union Square area in the Prescott Hotel. We attended a dinner here while at our conference and the food was beyond compare. I've been to several other Wolfgang restaurants over the years but this was by far the best yet. There is also a Postrio at the Venetian in Las Vegas but the menu is different and less expensive at first glance.

This is definitely the most expensive Wolfgang restaurant I've tried to date, but the quality of the food did not disappoint. There was a rather large group of us and the restaurant was still packed, even at almost 9pm on a Thursday night, probably not surprising given the number of people in town for this conference.

On this particular night, Postrio was offering several interesting specials and options, including the addition of truffles to any entree! I tried their special appetizer which was was seared Kobe beef, somewhat like a carpaccio. I am unsure of the price since it was not on the menu but my guess is it was over $20 since the Tuna Carpaccio was $20. For an entree, I opted to try their Filet Mignon which had butter poached king crab, forestiere mushrooms, brussel sprouts, bacon lardons, and potato puree ($46).

Most of us did not save room for dessert but how do you dine at a Wolfgang Puck restaurant and not try one!?!? So a couple people ordered different desserts and the table shared them. Their Chocolate Tres Leche Cake ($11) is heavenly but I sincerely doubt you could go wrong with any of the desserts on their menu.

If you are a wine connoisseur, their wine list definitely pleases (34 pages of wines from around the world). And for those who might be overwhelmed by the number of choices, no fear, the sommelier is right near! :-) He provided several options for both California whites and reds which perfectly complimented the group's dining choices.

Definitely call ahead for reservations, and although I did not see anything specifically noted, this is obviously an upscale restaurant and therefore dress apporpriately.
TRE69 says:
Where are the food pictures!?!:P
Posted on: Mar 26, 2008