Positano

Positano, Italy

Positano Reviews

bernard69 bernard69
Overcrowded jewel on Amalfi coast Dec 30, 2006
WARNING: Don't go there during the summer or the week-end,the town is very overcrowded!

You can take a boat from Sorrento and Capri, using the Linee Marritime Partenopee or Caremar.In summer,there are hydrofoils from Sorrento,Amalfi,Capri.Take a boat is the best thing to do, to avoid the monstrous traffic jams on the only one coastal road,or go there at NIGHT or rent an helicopter...

Positano is the most touristy village of the Amalfi Coast with its white houses ,all huddling on top of each other,spilling down the hillsides towards the turquoise sea.

Positano is completely pedestrianized and the cars should be left in the few car parks of Piazza dei Mulini ,reached after hours and hours of standing in line!

Most of the daily crowds of tourists have a glance at the beaches(the public beaches are overcrowded),visit the Chiesa di Santa Maria Assunta with its imposing majolica dome,and inside, a 13th century icon of a Black Madonna and SHOP.

People can find here a lot of designer boutiques,beachwear,limoncello and lemon products,watercolour paintings... and last but not the least SANDALS.

After the WWII,the tradition of sandals made to measure, began in Positano and now,you can find there, a large choice of sandals of trendy styles.
Campania Italy
Positano Campania italy
Positano Campania Italy
Positano Campania Italy

Related Travel Blogs About Positano

Breathtaking Positano
I had always wanted to see Positano after I watched the movie “Only You” where some of the scenes were shot in this small picturesque village. That is why when my travel buddy and equall…Positano to savor the sight and culture of the place. Positano is a small town, jutting out from…
Who needs a Stairmaster?
I told my mom that one of the things I wanted to do this trip was to lose a little weight. My plan was to change my eating habits some while I didn't have pressures from work etc.  I said I want…Positano and Amalfi was damaged and that to get to Amalfi you had to take a bus from Positano
Picturesque Positano...Pinch me, I must be dreaming!
It's hard to express in words how beautiful the small town of Positano truly is.  Seemingly clinging to the face of the cliffs, Positano's buildings gradually rise from the sea to the sky in vib…Positano truly is.  Seemingly clinging to the face of the cliffs, Positano's buildings gradually rise from…

Check Positano Hotel Deals