Posada do Veio

Jericoacoara, Brazil

Compare Jijoca de Jericoacoara Hotel Rates (3km away)

Posada do Veio Jericoacoara Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Great Posada in Jeri Jul 03, 2011
As I was moving down the Brazil, hotels, hostels and Posadas were costing more and more. Off season time was priced like I was an enemy… Upon arriving to Jeri, (after incredible ride trough swamps, dunes, rivers and few roads here and there) few good lodging options presented themselves immediately. Actually this once “fishing town” is now overfilled with all kinds of sleeping options. It is very hard to see pure “private” home where people just live without renting extra rooms.

Right next to the arriving station few Posadas were offering really nice apartments for 25 reales per person, but we were looking for even better deals, and we got one after looking trough all four of the city’s streets. Of course, it required a bit of haggling and low season month also helped, so we got deal for 20 reales each with breakfast. Most of the places are overpriced, but vast number of Posadas made them fight for customers (average price is around 35reales for good clean place).

Posada do Vieo is in the main street 100m from grocery shops and close to everything in the city. Bunch of cabanas surrounds nice green courtyard full of flowers. We got nice cabana with two beds, bathroom and shower, all very clean and well maintained. High ceilings make sure that room is not too hot, and in the front of the cabana, nice hammock and chairs make perfect spot for spending hot siesta time. Lack of netting on the widows allows for some mosquito infestation, but it is survivable with fan turned on (I spread my mosquito net because I did not want to think about mosquito borne illnesses). Wireless internet is strong and constant.

Nice restaurant area hosts really great breakfasts, with lots of fruit, juices, great coffee… Bunch of small restaurants in town have all kind of world tastes that you crave for. Cheapest one I found offers dishes from 6-7 reales, and they are good size and tasty.

I was very disappointed by the beach in Jericoacoara, and honestly I would not even go in the water if I did not have friends with me. Tide moves good 50m up and down on really shallow plateau, and if you want to be knee deep in the water, you have to walk a bit… Small issue are small fishes with dorsal fin that can do some damage on your feet while walking in the shallows. Water in this beach is full of sand, very dark and not really a good place to swim at all. Jeri’s fame in water sports is all about kite surfing and wind surfing, but you’ll have to go outside of the city to get good spots. Lots of places offer good dance classes, Capoeira, or different martial arts training.

Whole area of National park is very tranquil and pretty. It was definitely worth the effort to get here and spend week relaxing and enjoying sun and warmth of the local people (dogs in town on the other hand are a bit violent).

I would recommend this place for everything that good Posada needs to have.
Brazil !!!
Road to Jeri

Compare Jijoca de Jericoacoara Hotel Rates (3km away)

Jericoacoara Map