Posada San Francisco

Posada San Francisco Rates and Deals

Posada San Francisco Old San Juan Reviews

simsing simsing
Affordable hostel in excellent location Nov 03, 2011
Posada San Francisco Hostel is located right in the center of Old San Juan in Puerto Rico. While searching for hostels in Old San Juan I didn't really find many, almost all of them were very expensive hotels. I chose this place for its good reviews and the location. I stayed in a female dorm which was clean enough with a small window. The room was little cramped with four beds and there was no table to put our small things e.g. toiletries. All the rooms have shared bathrooms that were located in the corridor. The hostel has a big living/dining room with a balcony facing towards the plaza Colon and a kitchen fully equipped with cookware, microwave and a refrigerator.

The hostel owners, Christine (mother) and Christina (daughter) are wonderful people. I reached around 9pm at night and was exhausted to go out and have dinner. Christine acted like my mother and gave me some food so that I don't sleep hungry. I was really overwhelmed! In day time, mostly Christina worked and people can get valuable information about everything from her.

Some of the facts people should know about this hostel:

The hostel's main entrance is locked in the evening, my shuttle driver called the owner and luckily there was a girl who was going out and kindly let me in. Their reception/office is located on the 5th floor. There is an elevator which was not working when I reached so I had to bring my luggage to the 5th floor. Thank god it was light! It was fixed the day before I left. The hostel provides its rooms only in the 4th and 5th floors and each floor has its entrance securely locked. There is no locker in the bedroom. The small (12" wide x 15" depth x 12" tall) lockers are located in the kitchen area where you can keep your valuables but not the big luggage. Don't forget to bring your own lock.

There are plenty of restaurants/bars around to taste the delights of Puerto Rico. The other attractions e.g. San Cristobal Castle, El Morro Castle, Jetty to Bacardi Rum Factory etc are within walking distance from this hostel. There are various free trolleys that can be taken to go to these places too. All you need to do is collect a detailed free map from the tourist info center which is located near the jetty, just three blocks away.

Overall I had a very nice stay here and I would recommend this place to any backpacker. The bed cost me about $27/day including taxes, which is much cheaper than hotels. I met extremely nice people in this hostel which made my trip a memorable one.
hallway in the first floor
Posada San Francisco hostel
female dorm
female dorm
anupa_rk says:
Great decision in picking this hostel. My friend and I loved the sound (and later, look) of it, but unfortunately they were booked out for the days that we were in PR.
Posted on: May 11, 2013
simsing says:
Thanks everybody for the smiles and congrats! It was a nice surprise!
Posted on: Nov 09, 2011
Africancrab says:
Congratulations on the feayure, well done.
Posted on: Nov 09, 2011