Posada Las Rosas

Check Patzcuaro Hotel Deals

Posada Las Rosas Patzcuaro Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
You get a little less than you pay for Aug 29, 2011
When I arrived in Patzcuaro downtown, I was looking for really cheap places to stay. The hotels downtown weren't really expensive (about US $30 per night), but I wanted something even cheaper than that. If I had been able to stay in Morelia for $12.5, why not here? But I realized that Patzcuaro is a touristy town and maybe that's why the prices really don't get that cheap.

I was walking down a few streets until I found this hotel. It looked simple enough and I asked for the price, which was $15 per night. I thought it was ok, so I stayed.

The place is a posada, so it's literally like staying at somebody's house. I had a feeling like being at my grandma's. The place is run by a family, and the lady at the front desk was very nice. Maybe a little condescending but nice.

The room was ok, as I said all the furniture and decorations were really old, and the bathroom was quite messy, but at least they had hot water (not for long, as you could run out of it really soon). They also got cable TV with lots of channels, some in english.

As I said in my blog, Patzcuaro gets quite chilly at night and there was no heating system available. I had to get myself under the blankets for not freezing to death, so my night was not terribly comfortable.

The location of this place is very good, really near to anything you want to see in Patzcuaro.

So, overall this place isn't bad, but I would probably stay somewhere else if I am back to Patzcuaro someday. I had a much more comfortable stay in the hostel in Morelia for less money. Use it if you want to save a few bucks while staying in this town.
Front sign