Posada Las Flores

Check Comitan de Dominguez Hotel Deals

Posada Las Flores Comitan de Dominguez Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Posada Las Flores Jun 02, 2012
Usually a good night sleep in the Posada Las Flores double rooms costs 90 pesos per person, but I was nice enough that my barging succeed and I got whole room with two beds and all for me for only 80 pesos per night.

Coming from the Guatemalan border and going towards the San Cristobal de las Casas, city of Comitan was the only place logical for stopping before reaching the target. It is sizable town with good budget options, cultural monuments and supposedly good market. Already tired, with daylight slowly disappearing, I decided to stay here and immediately upon arrival I start walking towards the center of the town. I went into couple of Posadas and Hotels around the center, and then consulted the good book of Lonely Planet, which said that there is a good Posada in my proximity… The good book did not lie to me, again, and I found perfect little posada with picturesque courtyard with blue columns surrounding fountain in the middle. As far as I could figure out, it is run by nice couple with adorable kid, and they take care of the place like it is their house.

They placed me into the spacious nice room with two beds with the door coming out directly to the courtyard. I love simple big wooden doors with old hinges and locks, and I had one just for myself… Beds are very clean with enough blankets for the colder nights. Bathroom is shared with row of stalls that feature either a WC or a hot water shower. WiFi is available all over the posada and you also can count on free drinking water (which is not usually the case in most of the hotels/hostels).

Posada is just few blocks from the main square and 6-7 blocks from most of the small bus stations so it is close enough for all your needs. There is no need to use big buses in Mexico if you are not going for 10 hours or more trips. Small vans are in excellent shape (total contrast to central American collectives), usually brand new, and they run orderly and on time. This vans are usually half price of big buses for very similar service, so for me case against big buses is closed . Right under the main square (square is perfect place to sit down and enjoy carefully trimmed trees and lots of art all around) there is Mercado with lots of comedores, food stalls that offer traditional and local food. Food here is fresh, tasty, good, and very cheap. There is also a grand market in the city, more like fair, but it is located a bit further away from the center.

In surrounding area there are few Maya ruins, not that popular with tourists, but that is even better!! There is also a great waterfall, and beautiful lagoons that should be visited.

I was very happy that by the chance I stopped in this city, and really got to rest, enjoy and see some cool things.
My room